I showed up to a party the other day, and I decided to do something special.
I wore pants.
And my friend said, "Wow. I think this is the first time I have ever seen you wear pants."
And it was most likely true.
I never wear pants. I find them uncomfortable. It is probably because I don't have the right pants. And let me tell you, if I thought finding the right pants was hard before, it is quadruply hard now.
My pants criteria:
1. Not too tight.
2. Not too baggy.
3. Must have some stretch in it.
4. Must not stick like cellophane to my derriere and thighs. That makes me feel very annoyed. And sad. And no one likes to be around me when pants are having this kind of bad influence on me. Just ask Don.
5. Oh and must be affordable. ****Which it seems to be impossible to find a pair of pants that fits these criteria and only cost $5.
6. Does not make my bottom look like I need a sign on it that says "wide load."
7. Makes me feel skinny. (Also, might be impossible at this point)
And there is why I never wear pants. But I really want to. Because sometimes a girl wants to dress up. (And in my case dress down).
What do you think of these pants?
Don't you think if the model has a wide bottom in these pants there is no hope for the rest of us? And by the rest of us, I mean me. Sorry to lump all of you my friends into the wide load category. I think you all have very, very nice backsides. So does Don.
Juuuuuust kidding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I have so many cute tops that can only be worn with pants. Unfortunately, I have never had any luck in that area either.
I hate people who look good in pants. pttthhhh.
I think those pants are really cute! And I'm sure you look great in pants - it is just never cold enough for you to wear them.
I can hardly wait to wear pants! In fact, I may never wear a skirt again.
I have one pair of jeans that I like and that is it for me and pants. And if you want to feel good about yourself, read on: My maternity pants stopped fitting me around month 6. SIX?!?! With Milo I wore them all the way through. This pregnancy it is the most I can do to sausage into them and then keep my coat on to cover the fact that I have ripped holes in the stretchy maternity part (by trying to get them on) and that the pants slide down and expose my assets every five minutes. Hideous. I have two skirts that I alternate every day. I also spend a lot of time in my bathrobe.
You are not alone!
P.S. Your family Halloween costumes were adorable! Why are you talking them down? I think they rock!
Post a Comment