And by "lessons" I mean they jump on a trampoline and do somersaults.
It's the kind of gymnastics I would like to do.
To tell you the truth I am a little bummed I don't get to jump into the huge pit of blue foam squares.
One of the first memories I have, is of myself with my head on a mat in a gymnasium and my teacher trying to get me to do a somersault. I was deathly afraid of going upside down. And you know what, that hasn't changed much. I am pretty sure I didn't do the somersault and as I recall that was the one and only gymnastic lesson my Mom made me go to. Clearly she realized if I was afraid of a somersault, gymnastics probably wasn't my thing.
My lovely Mother. Oh how she tried. She tried me in ballet, tap, jazz, drill team, a silly summer musical (excruciating), a kids choir (the "Song Birds"), violin (I actually chose that one, I am sure she was not too thrilled with that choice, as I think learning the violin is probably the most ear wrenching instrument to listen to when someone is just starting out. In fact, it takes YEARS to sound non cryptic on the violin), and piano. It didn't help that I was intensely shy as as child and hating having people look at me. None of the dancing type stuff stuck even though I would LOVE that talent, but I do thank her for all the music lessons.
Moms. Aren't Moms just the greatest?
So here I am. Circle of life. And now our girl is getting to the age where she can start trying her hand at different things.
Don really wanted gymnastics.
And since I am somewhat neutral on the subject, I said, by all means, let's try it out!
Well the first lesson was entertaining for me, but probably rather painful for the teacher.
One thing is for sure, Chloe is not afraid of somersaults, or jumping off high distances.
Her listening skills could be improved upon.
Today she was supposed to be sitting on the ground with the other children, and instead she climbed up on a 4 and a half foot high foam thing and when she was told to come down she just jumped off the side.
Don helped me get her ready today.
He pulled out a long sleeve shirt for her to wear and I said, "Don't you think she will be hot?"
And he said, "Well, the Olympic gymnasts wear long sleeves. Haven't you seen them? All their leotards have long sleeves."
And these are the things that I love about my husband.
And by the way, she ended up wearing long sleeves.
A pink long sleeved shirt with a flower that she insisted on wearing.
And a clashing hue of pink shorts.
But at least she was wearing her long sleeves, which is very important for her high bar routines, and balance beam.
I would hate for her arms to get a rash.
1 comment:
long sleeves! love it, Don!
Post a Comment