Friday, April 2, 2010

The Unveiling

Well I am mighty darn proud of myself.
Remember how I said I took up sewing?
And that I was going to make a duvet?
Well darn it. I did it!
Thanks to the help of my sister- in- law, Leonore. I am pleased to announce I only made about 3,341 mistakes. And that there are still a few finishing details left, which could raise the tally to like 4,021.
But overall I am happy with the result

It is white and puffy as I had imagined. Very "Sound of Music"esque.


And best of all, it did not cost me $200 plus tax, like the original from: "I spent my husband's whole pay check on a Scarf Store" AKA: Anthropolgie.
It cost me around $55.
If I were to pay myself hourly though, I would say I made about $.25/hour.
So I am thinking mass producing these for Etsy would not be advantageous if I am in the market for money making.
Slave labor, now that is another story.
But I am not interested in slave labor.
But maybe Chloe is.
But judging from her sorry attempt of picking up thousands of shredded paper off the office floor (see previous post), I am guessing she is not either.
Here is the original.
Wow. You know it is kind of hard to type with one hand.
The other one is busy patting myself on the back.


4 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful! Good job! And you saved $150! That makes me want to learn how to sew.

Trav and Ab said...

Wow! Good job! It turned out beautiful! Wish I could sew like that.

M.M.M. said...

Oh believe me Abbie-- You for sure can!!

HeatherC said...

Wow. That looks fantastic!