Monday, April 5, 2010

B-17

We took a field trip to Deer Valley to check out a restored B-17 Bomber.
My Dad's older brother flew one of these in WW II so my Dad is fascinated with them.
WWII soldiers are rock stars in my opinion. Heck no would I ever get into a plane when I knew I was going to be shot at. I barely like flying Southwest. I pray the whole time that the plane is not going to crash.

As you can see Chelsey had a great time. She told me it was "the second worst afternoon of her entire life." Although she has had many of these so I think this statement is inaccurate. She has also told me that she is not speaking to me for the rest of her life, "which is going to be a very long time, because I am going to live for a very, very long time."

Chloe enjoyed touring the plane though, as there were a few places to sit down, and she had to try them all.
The plane was a pretty tight squeeze in places. There were some people who had to back out because they were too large to get through at a certain place. I think this would be rather humiliating. Thank goodness I fit.


Chloe likes to watch planes.

Chelsey brought this hat to wear, it is from her Easter ensemble circa 1998. We thought Chloe was a better fit for the hat. You can see where my nerdy hat tendencies come from. I wish I had gotten a picture of my whole family wearing our hats. We looked like an outing with the Nerdy Hat Club, if that existed.
Anyway, it was a fun and enlightenging afternoon.

No comments: