Sunday, April 11, 2010

Chelsey turned 22 today. Yesterday my Dad threw a big shin dig. We had Italian food, orange julius, salads and a Cold Stone Creamery ice cream cake. I am writing what we ate because I really like food.
Cousin Stacey surprised us with a visit.

Of course my Dad called in the band.


And the bumpkins.



My favorite picture.

And the story teller thoroughly captivated my daughter.



Oh wait. I lied. This is my favorite picture.
The only criticism I have is that there was no pinata.
A few years ago my Dad got a pinata and filled it with pecans, oranges, and unwrapped chocolate that became coated in dirt once the 50 pound pinata filled with oranges, hit the ground.
Needless to say, that was the only time I have ever seen no one go for the loot from a cracked pinata.
How I wish we had a video of that. That would provide me hours of entertainment.

5 comments:

Becky Filhart said...

Why in the world did your Dad fill a pinata with that?!! That is seriously the most hilarious thing I've heard in a loooonng time. I wish you had a video of that too...

Leisa Waldron said...

I want a pinata like that one. That would have made an awesome family home video.

ottspot said...

Dear cousin...here is a blog written by someone with the same name as you! (Except 1 letter different.) That made me do a double take! http://polkadotchair.blogspot.com/2010/04/tuesday-tutorial-skinny-simple-table.html

M.M.M. said...

Dear Cousin-
Her blog is probably almost as popular as mine.

ME said...

You're killing me!! I'm laughing right now! Plus, that first picture of Chelsea I thought her shirt said "Don't Date"! I started laughing then! And the pinata is classic!