Yesterday, Don approached me and said, "Melissa, I would like to personally invite you on a staycation starting tomorrow."

And I said, "Okay! But doesn't the official definition of a staycation involve staying at a resort in your hometown?"
And he said, "Well in that case I would like to invite you on a broke staycation."So we are having a superb time here at home. It is just nice to have him around. So far we have been to the gym, Wal-Mart, and gone swimming. And right now he is putting together our new Grill. We have been eyeing them for years, and we are now proud owners. Grills. They are on my top ten list for great things about summer. 100 + degree weather does not make my list, in case you were wondering.
This past week brought 2 birthdays in my family. First my brother.
Meet Adam.
He invited us to go to California Pizza Kitchen to celebrate. BBQ Chicken Pizza=Awesome.

I think this is a real creative name for a chinese restaurant don't you? That's basically all the information you need to know.
Chloe was a good mom and brought her baby with her. She brings this baby everywhere. Chloe decided to wear her pajamas no matter how hard I tried to entice her to wear some "going out in public" clothes. She has so many cute "going out in public" clothes that she just refuses to wear. It literally breaks my heart into little tiny pieces. She also was sporting the pjs gangsta style, with one pant leg scrunched up to her knee.
And then a few days later, my dad's birthday followed. I have no idea how old he turned. But I prefer to think every birthday he turns 61.
I forgot it was his birthday until 6 pm that night. He called and told me he was treating himself to a dinner out for his birthday. Crap.

Luckily I had all the ingredients to make him a delicious Bundt cake and my family came over after dinner. My cable and internet weren't working so we were forced to talk. And you know what, I think the cable should go out more often,
I forgot it was his birthday until 6 pm that night. He called and told me he was treating himself to a dinner out for his birthday. Crap.
I still can't believe I forgot his birthday. But I gave him a coupon for a belated dinner at Mottsy's.
1 comment:
Maybe I could start giving people coupons to eat at Mottsy's for their birthdays. Doesn't it sound like a good idea?
Post a Comment