
No.
Nice weather, we have NOT been having here.
You know how when you are baking and you open the oven door and it singes your eyelashes and blows hot air on your face....
Welcome to Arizona. That is what it is like here every time you open the door and walk outside. It is like one big oven. And we are all cooking in it together.
In fact the other day I was in my kitchen, felt a gush of hot air and said to myself, am I baking something? Did Chloe just open the oven door? No. She opened the back door. And millisecond later I felt it.
Sunday, we arrived at church to an un-air conditioned building. The speaker talked about church in South America where no one has air conditioning. He meant it in a "hey, this ain't so bad" sort of way, and yes I stopped and felt grateful. But I got to say, talking about how hot it was in South America succeeded in making me feel hotter. You know, how like if someone says the word "yawn" everyone yawns? How many of you just yawned after reading that? I just did. 2 times. I seriously did. Anyway, it was quite a sight to see half the congregation, the women, fanning themselves, and the other half, men, manly sweating it out. Guess fanning oneself is not a masculine thing to do.
Anyway.
Sorry to complain. Polly Positive would like to say that for much of the year, AZ is a perfectly beautiful and delightful place to live. I am currently reading "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" hence, the glass is half full comment.
Now I will return to complaining.
So it is like, majorly hot. I feel bad taking Chloe anywhere because the moment she sees I am about to put her in her car seat she says, "Hot! Hot! Hot!"
Yes indeed Chloe. You are correct. It is hot.
Well last night glory, glory hallelujah. The rain came! Every year we Zonies wait for the monsoon. You can almost see the steam rising from the sidewalk as the rain neutralizes the scorching ground. It is...beautiful.
I love the monsoons. My half empty glass is filling up faster with each rain drop. Suddenly the summer is not so bad here in the Valley of the Sun.
No comments:
Post a Comment