
So a few months back I had never heard about a little store called Anthropologie.
Then through the blogging world, it seemed I was the last person on the planet to have not heard of nor joined the Anthroplogie love fest.
So when my friend came to visit a few months ago, she took me to the store and I got to see what all the hooplah was about.
Admittedly, their stuff is ridiculously cute.
Although I would probably make my house wear their housewares before I would make myself wear the people wear. Just because I am not sure if it is exactly my style. That being said, I think other people look terrif sporting that vintage vibe.
I digress.
What's my point?
Oh ya. So really cute. I have established that. But holy Bologna! Who can afford that stuff!
So today I got something in the mail from "Anthropologie." And here is their genius. I KNEW it had to be some promotional thing, yet it was packaged in such a way that I felt a little giddy, like I was getting a card, handmade with love. From an old friend. (Inner voice: No Melissa! Do not be deceived!) And like I said, when I opened it up, I was right. But it was so darn cute I didn't care. And it said to me in love:
"Celebrate!
For your birthday, treat yourself to something special!
Use this card for 15% off your total store purchase any day this month."
Yes! 15 whole percent!!
So the $118 shower curtain I have been eyeing is...wait for it...wait for it...only $100.3 plus tax!
Hoorah!
Sadly, I am halfway tempted to get in my car and go buy it.
And thus, their genious. They essentially sent me a piddly coupon in a buttoned pouch.
Thank goodness for one of my greatest pleasures: Target.

3 comments:
but you got 5 free buttons and little bits of thread to sew them on with...better than my junk mail
Oh it'a like a sewing kit!
Now I get it! But wait...where is the plastic thimble?
Ya it's cute...but don't you think you could totally MAKE something like that yourself? I do. I mean who can't sew on a few buttons, right? I am sick,I tell you, of overpriced cute stuff. THat is why my house is not cute on purpose. Let's call it a passive agressive statement.
Post a Comment