Monday, March 30, 2009

Daily Dose of Chelsey

Today my dad watched Chloe while I went grocery shopping. (Have I mentioned I have the best dad in the world?)
When I went to go pick her up I found Chelsey, my dad and Chloe all chilling out in Chelsey's bedroom.
I glanced around and noticed an unopened box with a really cute watch in it.
I exclaimed, "Chelsey! That watch is so cute! You have never taken it out of the box?! How old is it??"
To which Chelsey replied, "It's an inanimate object. It doesn't have an age."
------------------------
My dad looked at the watch too and said, "Chelsey. Maybe you should start dressing up a bit. You know, wear a watch, get a permanent." (My dad is under the misguided impression that "permanents" are still "in." Mostly because that is what my mom did with my sister's and my hair from about 1986-1993. And THAT is a whole story in and of itself. Shutter.)

Chelsey was as usual, unenthused.

My dad continued, "Chelsey, bring me the watch. I'll set the time for you. What time is it?"

And a disgruntled Chelsey quipped, "The time is 'who cares' because I don't wear watches like that."
stomp. stomp. stomp.
-------------------------
Yesterday Chelsey told me in private that she doesn't want me imitating her voice anymore when I tell her stories. She most seriously told me that, "Just because I can't say my "r's" doesn't mean other people have to know that. How do you think that makes me feel?"
wow. consider me put in my place.
I asked if I could still tell her stories as long as I didn't do her voice. And she smiled and said that was okay.
Thank goodness!
But unfortunately I might have to retire the voice, which I have become somewhat famous for among my adoring fans.

4 comments:

ottspot said...

I don't know if a Chelsey story will ever be the same without a Chelsey voice. But I do feel kind of bad if she's been offended by it her whole life!

Unknown said...

Shudder, Melissa...shuDDer.
And too bad about the voice.

M.M.M. said...

thanks bonnie! how embarasinng.

Leisa Waldron said...

Just got a wonderful package with cute clothes from this fantastically talented poet named Melissa. :) Made me miss you. Thanks so much!