
Chloe has a shoe fetish.
What can I say, she takes after her mother.
When she arrives at a new destination she goes straight to any vacant shoes, completely bypassing any shiny or shimmering toys.
She seems to be rather picky about her shoes. Picky meaning, the ones I pick out and love, she does not. Perhaps she has not learned my personal motto: "Fashion over comfort" (although this motto decreases significantly in importance every day of my life. ie I gave up tight pants a long, long time ago. And I have almost given up zippers and buttons completely).
Anyway. MY favorites are Chloe's black shoes with the massive bows, and her cupcake sandals. Chloe's favorites are her flashing flip flops 5 sizes too big and 2 inches too tall, which by the way, were free. It makes me very sad that her above mentioned/church appropriate shoes are in fact never worn to church, nor anywhere else. Instead the flashing flip flops go with everything. What a tragedy. A good outfit ruined by bad shoes. What a waste of money.
The other day I found a grocery sack by the front door with one cupcake sandal in it. I thought it was a bit strange but didn't think too much about it. Usually I put her dirty diapers in the baggies and leave those by the door, as to remind me to dispose of their smelliness. When I found the shoe instead, I thought, oh she likes playing with the bags.
But today I found both of the cupcake sandals in a bag right by the front door.
And I think Chloe might be trying to tell me something.
She's crazy. Those cupcake sandles are uber fabulous.
sigh.
And so, the battle of wills begins.
3 comments:
sigh. that made me laugh. Dear Mother, please dispose of these the next time you go out. Thank you.
oh my goodness! how stinking funny, I seriously can't stop laughing at the image...your daughter is too funny! she must get that from you!
At least she didn't poop on them first. Then you really would've gotten the message.
Post a Comment