Help.
Chloe officially hit the terrible twos.
Behavior wise. Not chronologically just yet.
Temper tantrums.
Temper tanturms.
And more temper. tantrums.
Obviously what I am doing is not working because she continues to throw them. And she continues to pretend to be deaf.
Does anyone have any magic potions, powder, or wands?
That's it. No more American Idol pipe dreams.
I am going on Nanny 911.
Please advise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
since my kids are so well behaved!! Yeah right. I look on Dr. Phils website, a lot, for parenting helps. redirecting is what I remember being suggested. but ignoring works for me too. Something my sister reminds me of too, is that kids are going to keep testing their boundaries, so you think it's not working, but in the long run it is.
You asked for magic? Try 1-2-3 Magic by Thomas W. Phelan. This method is easy to learn and easy to teach. I had been using it for years, but got out of the habbit. I just started back up again and I'm a happier mom for it.
Just hang in there, it will pass. Malana had her terrible twos from about 18 months to about 25 months (somedays I wasn't sure she was going to make it through to see three). Then it seemed like overnight she got better, not perfect but better! The only thing that we did was time-outs.
she getting the rest she needs? sometimes kids need more sleep than they are getting... :) other than that, you'll get through it :D love you girl
Oh no! Laney was my terrible two-er. I have to warn you...you will think it will never end. But it does! I can finally see the light at the tunnel!
I swear by Love and Logic. It's so good. There is a book for birth to 6 years!
I think it is worse when they are four and can put words to their tantrums....i.e "Stupid mommy!" or "I hate pajamas!" At least that is what I have heard...never happends at my house. :) My advice, don't give in! If you say "no" keep it a "no" or Chloe will learn that she can change your mind by the aformentioned tantrum throwing.
Post a Comment