Yesterday was a good day. For one, it started out with a great hair day (see previous post). Then we had a swell time at The Navy Seal Challenge over at ASU.Don and I have been TRYING to get into better shape.
Don heard about this Navy Seal Challenge and thought it would be a great kick in the pants to get to the gym.
He said I should do it too.
I wish I had. I didn't because I thought there would be a lot of people watching me make a fool of myself, being that a couple of the events, um, I am infantile at best. But like I said, I should have done it. Throw pride to the wind!
So the first event was swimming.

We make excellent spectators. "Um, can you tell me where the free water bottles are?"
Then there were the sit ups.

Then there were the sit ups.
I could have looked some-what normal doing these...maybe I could be a Navy Seal, I thought.
I thought, I could not be a Navy Seal.
And I thought, you know, maybe the Navy Seals isn't my cup of tea.
Then there were the pull ups. If I was kidnapped and told that they would let me live and release me if I could do one, just one pull up...well...you know the ending to that story.And lastly, there was running. Which you will simply have to mentally envision because I have no picture. But you all know what people look like running, right?
Anyway. Don got himself a t-shirt. And we both got our first sunburns of the season. And I got to see some real life Navy Seals, up close and personal. And with maybe just a little more training, Don and I will be able to try out next year.
After my stint on American Idol.


3 comments:
I'm with you, I'd rather be a spectator. How fun, though! Miss you. I'm a bad friend... sorry. I'll call you when I find your #. It's written on an envelope somewhere. :P
Don't let him do it Melissa!
Great job Don! Way to be a enthusiastic spectator Melissa! Watching pull-ups is way better than attempting to do them!
Post a Comment