Well Blogging Friends. Tis Monday. It is 10:00 AM and I am sitting down to a nice breakfast of french toast. Miss Chloe Jean just barely woke up. I'd say we are off to a very early start, aren't we.
I was just thinking about how Don is never properly showcased in this blog. Afterall, he is "the company." I usually put one sentence snipits of things he has to say. Well today is the day for proper embarrassment. He is going to kill me. And to follow a facebook trend that is taking over the world, I give you:
25 Random Facts About Don T. (Erin I just realized I am copying you. sorry)
1. Don is not self absorbed in the slightest. He would never make one of these lists. He doesn't analyze himself.
2. Don is an expert lawn man. He can grow it, water it, and mow it. And I enjoy the fruits of his 6 AM labor. (He enjoys the fruits of my 6 AM labor, AKA Chloe)
3. Don makes really delicious eggs. So do I (aka Chloe).
4. He puts everything in a tortilla. Because He is a Mexican. No, he REALLY IS. One time I found him putting mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese...in a tortilla.
(sidenote, Chelsey just got here and this is what she just told Chloe "You always want everything I have. Well, you're not getting it." Nice.
5. Don is very easy going, easy to please, and not very picky about things like food...and women ;)
6. He is picky about some things. He doesn't wear flip flops or shorts in public. He is very picky about color combinations and certain colors. He does not like brown and purple together. He will never wear metro colors like light pink or yellow. I try to dress him in such a fashion and he refuses. He likes blue.
7. He likes black jeans. But I don't let him wear them. In response he hid my black dress shorts and said, "You don't think jeans should be black? Well I don't think dress pants should be shorts."
It was hilarious.
8. Don is the hardest worker I know personally.
9. Don loves queso. And chips.
10. Don is a pretty good dancer. As Chelsey would say, "Not great, but good." Actually, he is pretty great.
11. Don cuts his own hair. He tried to teach me and soon realized he could do a better job and would have less nicks in his neck.
12. Don loves "Rocky" and Good old American, Good Guy wins, movies. John Wayne of course.
13. He has a huge family. 10 kids. And I heard him say the other day to a friend,"Ya having 8 kids would seem like a small family to me." Oh. Crap.
14. He is an entrepreneur, business man through and through. If I saw a picture of his brain, half of it would be labeled "ideas for making money."
15. He is not materialistic though, and very down to earth.
16. Don would like to be out of the big rat race by the time he is 40 so he can do things like coach football.
17. He will try anything. Anything responsible that is. Nothing that would possibly kill him.
18. He doesn't worry about too much. He is optimistic.
19. He was a wrestler, football and baseball player, swimmer. He likes sports. He has huge plans for Chloe. So far I have heard that she will be a tennis player, swimmer, and runner. I have said she will be an ice skater, rhythmic gymnast, and a Disney star singer and dancer. So we shall see.
20. Don has bad ears that cause him problems when he travels because they don't pop.
21. Don and I met at a church sports night. He thought he would meet a nice athletic girl. And he met me. He thought I was nice but thought I was really young (I was 22) because of my puma shoes and the roger rabbit I did trying to impress him. I thought he was Italian. So we were both disappointed. However, he was impressed that I was an American Studies major, because he loves America, as do I.
22. I have stronger legs than he does.
23. Um. He's a really, really nice guy.
24. The funniest thing he has ever said: We were driving and I was blabbing, I got interrupted by something and then I said, I forgot what I was saying, what was I saying? And he said to me "I don't know. But next time you are talking, at least one of us should be listening."
25. He barters when it comes to changing Chloe's diapers.
The End. That wasn't too embarrassing. That's number 26. Don doesn't like being embarrassed.
4 comments:
Better get going...I think you are currently at least 7 kids short! And the "next time you're talking" comment is pretty funny. And Don thinks your relatives are jerks for trying to get you to do interpretive dance. #26. The end.
I don't think Don has ever really truly appreciated my interpretive dance. Or the roger rabbit.
You may want to consider adopting. It makes me shutter to think of being pregnant 10 times!
I think Don and Brady are secretly brothers, except for the Mexican part, but the part about the tortillas is absolutely true and the part about not wearing flip flops, and loving Rocky.
Post a Comment