Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I Heart President's Day


So speaking of Presidents, He is at my High School today giving a speech on the Housing Crisis. And I am about 3 miles away. In saying that, I am not endorsing his stimulus plan. Okay enough on politics. This past 3 day weekend was just swell. I will go backwards: We went to a park on Monday. Don got interviewed there for the news. Something about Park Rangers being able to issue tickets...and since we (he) had no idea what this issue was about, I am not sure if he will actually make the news. But He was excited because he was wearing a Lightrailconnect.com t-shirt.
I am glad I was not on the news. I was having a bad hair day.

Just pausing for a cig break.












As you might recall my Valentines Day wish list, I want to go to Disneyland. So I got Don to go to this park with a few kiddie rides. And although it was not exactly Disneyland, at least the prices were similar. For example, I got to pay 2 dollars just so I could stand there and keep my child from falling off. Sad to say I actually had a hard time keeping my balance. Maybe the Wii is right and I really do have a fitness age of 74.
















unfortunately I was too tall for the ferris wheel so we enlisted the help of this little girl, who, I hope her parents don't mind, is now on a complete stranger's blog. Chloe's cousin was also deemed too tall, and therefor we were all quite perplexed at the taller little boy allowed to ride. Seriously like 2 inches taller than her. weird. Man I really wanted to ride that. Where are the ferris wheel police, or park rangers when you need them? (you know they can write tickets now...)


And we all took a train ride. 3 dollars a person. That would be a dollar a minute. As you can tell, Chloe was quite excited. Don was too. He loves riding little trains.











Going backwards...
Saturday was V-Day and we had the grand idea to go to brunch thinking that we would miss the crowds...wrong-o! But no matter, it was delicious and we were sufficiently stuffed for the rest of the day. Oh and P.S., don't make "Do not want wish lists" because then you have to do some back tracking...remember the Pajama Grams...ya.






















Coloring always keeps the kiddos entertained at restaurants:

"Color Dangit!"




No comments: