I got married April 23, 2005. It was a tremendous day. Best day of my life.
Here's a picture of Chelsey. I did her hair, but since I was rather busy that day, go figure, I unfortunately was not around for the travesty taking place around the foot area. Oh well. Afterall, I couldn't have someone upstaging my breathtaking beauty.Oh Grandma...miss her.


I have to be honest. My hair was pretty much the bomb. And I can say that without coming off as conceited because 1.it wasn't really my hair and 2. I didn't do it. I had hair clip ins. It was a masterpiece to behold, if I do say so myself. And I do. (refer to numbers 1 and 2 and previous explanation)We had a luncheon at a nearby church after the wedding. We were there last and as I recall, the starving bride, missed the majority of the food. Didn't anybody go to charm school and learn that the bride should get to sample all the delectable food before everyone else stuffs themselves? I learned later at the reception that that is the way of the bride-you don't eat. You just try desperately to make it to the food table, but realize it is merely a mirage.

My delightful college roommate Leisa who travelled all the way from California to be there.

The night before the big day. Man we were skinny. And Don was really sick. That is why he was so skinny. And I ate granola bars and never slept. That is why I was so skinny.

The day after we got engaged and making the rounds. Man we look young. Okay this is kind of making me depressed now.
Let's skip ahead shall we... to our 2nd annual Christmas Shin dig. Notice the red striped curtains in the background. Those curtains are no longer hanging up because during my pregnancy I developed an aversion to the color red. For some reason the color red made me want to wretch. So I had to get rid of everything in my house and wardrobe that was red. In fact, I am just barely bringing red back into my life.
Our very first place. The bedroom. I still like my blue wall. Even though it was about 20 shades darker than I had originally envisioned.
Proof that I actually was pregnant. And wow, her nursery looks clean. I have had to move several things as she is now big enough to mess with my decorations. Yo Yo Chloe, you don't mess with yo' mama.
Okay. Anyone that is actually reading this, could you copy and paste this picture and send it to "What Not To Wear." I could really use the 5,000 dollars.
Some styles take 10-15 years to look really ridiculous, but this...
I threw away that white catastrophe as soon as we got home from Park City.
Those plaid shorts, I still wear. Even though I shouldn't.
Those plaid shorts, I still wear. Even though I shouldn't.
Another of my dearest college roommates. Elder Oaks was sitting right next to us and came over and said hello to their little boy. It pays to have cute little kids around. It's even better than being tall, good looking and rich.

I took a cooking class the first year we were married. I wanted to learn how to make really fancy looking stuff, but mostly we learned how to make a white sauce and how to measure everything in ounces. Which by the way makes my 60 dollar required cookbook totally useless as I prefer to use my standard measuring cups. I think I gained 10 pounds. (but got a great hat) For which I needed a running partner. Enter Robyn, doing who knows what on the other couch...?

I took a cooking class the first year we were married. I wanted to learn how to make really fancy looking stuff, but mostly we learned how to make a white sauce and how to measure everything in ounces. Which by the way makes my 60 dollar required cookbook totally useless as I prefer to use my standard measuring cups. I think I gained 10 pounds. (but got a great hat) For which I needed a running partner. Enter Robyn, doing who knows what on the other couch...?
5 comments:
Fun memories, fun Christmas parties...we miss friends. We only have 2 friends here and that's cuz they live with us. Oh, and btw, Europe could be such a romantic place, but Europe + Alexa = zero romance.
[had to fix a typo] I was just looking at someone else's pregnancy pictures on their blog and thinking "man, pregnancy is kind of embarrassingly awkward"...and then saw your pictures. Not that you weren't lovely and glowing and all...but there is really nothing natural about growing a 30 pound bulge. In my opinion. Oooo there's me helping myself to food in your wedding picture...while pregnant.
As, always, you girls get me laughing!!! I totally noticed Erin eating in the background. Melissa, I agree your hair was gorgeous! I love the flower in it too. And I remember you sending me that picture of Chloe's nursery. It's adorable of you and the decor. You are beautiful my dear (especially in that green shirt).
I'll do surrogacy for the right price. We could all use a little money in these poor economic conditions!
Post a Comment