I'm on a blogging roll. In fact I am addicted and seeking professional help. Last night I stayed up till midnight reading this blog:
http://www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/
A young couple from Mesa were in a Plane crash, they survived, the pilot did not. However they are really in bad shape as you can imagine. Both sustaining burns, the girl on 80% of her body, the guy 30%. It is tragic really, but also very inspiring the way the family is dealing with it. You can read about that on.
http://www.cjanerun.blogspot.com/
I personally don't know them, but am fascinated by the story. The nieniedialogues is the blog she had going before the accident. The blog in itself is fun to read and mind boggling at how talented she is, but is made poignant knowing the current circumstances. I hope the family doesn't mind me posting this-but they are taking donations and things like that, you can read about that too-
I just had to share this one.
And I really need to get off the darn internet!
Let me know if you are touched by this story as well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Stephanie's brother was in my ward in Provo. her blog was one of the first ones I found when I was introduced to the "sport".
The story is devastating and I keep trying to imagine if that was me in her shoes.... not even knowing or being able to take care of my four children. man oh man.
But seriously? The blogosphere is coming to the rescue on the emotional/financial side. There are already THOUSANDS of dollars being donated through designmom.com and other auctions. It is truly amazing the kind of support she's gotten.
Melissa, we are on the same page! Last Friday I probably spent two hours reading those two blogs. So touching and uplifting, even in the present circumstances. I often look at the photography blog of the girl that took their family pictures (http://bluelily.squarespace.com/) and she wrote about the horrible accident. She is having auctions too. It is amazing what people will do when someone is in need!
That was so nice of you to put it up on your blog. I should too...I just haven't even thought of that! It was so much fun to talk to you last week! You are the bomb.
Hi Melissa! great blog! You're so funny! Let's be friends! I am so obsessed with Nie Nie and their blogs/news that i read something every day. The sister's blog (cjanerun.com) makes me cry every single stinking time i read it. I love that the blogging community is so awesome. Anyway, your baby's adorable and mischievous just like my oldest. They should get married and have wild, wild children to serve them both right :) Hasta!
Post a Comment