This past weekend we went to Paris. Yes. We had to drive just 5 minutes to get there. The Stake made a huge production of it and we had swell time. There were performances from each ward. Our ward did a kid instrument band to "Zippidity Doo Dah" and somehow I was put in charge of getting the thing put together. Thanks to Jimmy Fallon for the inspiration because I was really drawing a blank. The evening was also a dance, which was really fun. My family came too. How often do we dance together? Never. I am one of the weirdos that actually loved church dances, so this was a dream come true. ; )
This is me trying to be Liz's "little" sister. She gets mad at me when I wear heels and make her look really short.

Don took the girls to the symphony a couple weeks ago. I didn't go because there was no one to watch Oscar. He told me that when the orchestra was tuning up, Macie said. "They sound really bad!" Then when they played for real, she got really excited and asked at the end of the first few songs, "are they going to play another one?" Then as the performance began to get lengthy, she said, "are they going to play another one?" Same words. Much different meaning. I played in orchestra, and that's how I felt PLAYING, can imagine how a 3 year old felt listening.

A couple weeks ago the Super Bowl came to Arizona. We were stupid and thought it would be a fun plan to take all our kids to downtown Phoenix for the free pregame party. It was fun for about 5 minutes. Excessive crowds and children and a stroller = what is the fastest way to get out of here. Unfortunately there is no fast way to get out of a city infested with 45 million people and all of them trying to get out on the Lightrail. (It was good practice for the Apocalypse, although I suppose people will be in a worse mood when the world is ending.) This is a picture we took in front of a green screen, which looks like we also went to a party in Mexico city. Also, the actual Super Bowl game was fun to watch this year, which is saying something because I careth not about football. The morning of the game we woke up to heavy fog. I cannot remember the last time I saw fog here. By the afternoon the weather was perfection. We had a nice family afternoon watching on the tube. Macie and I were rooting for the Sea Hawks just because Don was rooting for the Patriots, so Don though it would be more interesting if we had teams. Macie and I lost.






No comments:
Post a Comment