Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Macie's 4th, and other stuff

 Macie turned 4 last week (boo!!)  And Oscar turned 7 months 2 days later (boo!!)  These kids need to stop growing up.  It is making me mad.  I have a plethora of pictures like the one above, taken at the request of Macie.  She likes her picture taken,
 And Chloe wanted her picture taken too taking silly pictures.  I probably shouldn't be encouraging selfies.  Nobody thinks selfies are funny or cool, except for the person in the selfie.  So here are some selfies that are neither funny or cool.
 Except for one thing, Chloe's adult front tooth and surrounding baby teeth are a sight to behold.

 So Macie turned 4.  She had a pretty spectacular day.  A spectacular day for a spectacular girl.  We asked Macie if she wanted a party at Peter Piper Pizza OR a tablet, it took a few days of consideration, but she decided on a tablet.  Thank goodness.  In the morning Macie went to the children's museum with her friends Anna, Elise, and Brookie, and then she was invited by Brookie to go visit her Grandma's house.  That worked out great because it gave me time to run to the store to get stuff for her requested carrot cake.  I am still baffled that she picked carrot cake.  I cook. But I don't really bake.  I picked a cake that had unanimous praise on pinterest, and it paid off, The cake was fantastic.  I also tried to do this thing I saw on Pinterest where you put a bouquet of balloons in a box and when you open the box, balloons float out.  Of course it didn't work.  The stupid balloons just got stuck in the box and I got frustrated.  So I just put the balloons out by the front door so she could see them when she got home.  We watched from the window, and Macie had a pretty blase response.  So that was a fail.  Then I put on a birthday ribbon, and sent her off to soccer practice and I came back and finished the cake.  After that we had a small family party with cake and pizza, her other requested food.  It was then that she received her kid tablet, and Grandpa spoiled her with the jeep that pulls the doll trailer he gave her at Christmas.  Fernanda and Adam gave her a kid Twister game and the kids had fun playing that too.  The best part of the whole day for me was when she blew out her candles and she said her wish was that "we can stay together."  (sniff sniff)  We love our Macie.

Oscar is pretty fantastic.  I took him swimming for the first time today.  We had a Mommy and me swimming lesson.  He thought it was the best thing that has ever happened to him.  He smiled and kicked his legs the whole time.  Then I took him to the practice pool for another half hour and he continued with his cooing and smiling and kicking. And then after we got out, he cooed for another half hour.  I was pretty sure he was going to love it considering his favorite thing to do is take a bath.  That and eat.  Both eating and bathing make him very ecstatic to be alive.


These are some more pictures of us at the Downtown Phoenix Super Bowl Party.




This bag is the reindeer food Chloe forget to leave out for Santa's reindeer on Christmas Eve.  Actually I believe it was lost.  Anyway I love the note Chloe wrote to Sugar the Elf instructing her to give the reindeer the food when she returned to the North Pole.
Grocery shopping is not *quite as painful now that Oscar can *sort of sit in the baby seat.
Macie whispered to me a couple Sundays ago during church that "If you don't believe in Jesus, you get stoned by bad guys.  But not monsters because monsters aren't real. But bad guys are."
She also told me she could make me a necklace and then proceeded to take a strand of her hair and put a spit bubble on it for the jewel. It was lovely.

No comments: