I actually slept better on the campout than I have in a very long time. The girls had a good time, well I know Chloe did, not sure about Macie. When it was time to go to bed she said to me, "Mom, let's go home." And in the morning the first thing she said was, "Mom, let's go home." I am pretty sure she just wanted to get home to play with her newly acquired ceramic unicorn. Macie likes to hang around me, while Chloe just wants to go play with other kids. One of the highlights of the campout was they found a bunch of :treasures" underneath the elevated outdoor pavilion. They collected them and brought them home, which I was soooo happy about. Because we need more random junk around here. Chloe was mad at me when she found out I had tossed out a broken pen and colored plastic tie things which none of us knew what they were used for. In fact my kids won't let me throw anything away. They will go through my trash and lecture me about how I shouldn't have thrown this or that away. They are little hoarders. At church Chloe had a roll of toilet paper to blow her nose. When all the toilet paper was used, I went to throw the cardboard roll away. She told me I couldn't throw it away because she could make a telescope with it.
Anyway, the campout was fun even though I felt even more gross than usual camping, being that I had a baby with me 24/7 that was making me very sweaty.
Chloe started school august 6th. And I got no pictures as usual. so I will just tell you what she wore, because of course she put a lot of thought into it. She wore her "Elsa" t-shirt and star skort. She borrowed Macie's new "Frozen" backpack complete with Frozen water bottle and Frozen lunch box. Her outfit and backpack all had to coordinate. You see her first request was for a "Tangled" backpack and a "Tangled" dress. We found a Tangled dress, but no backpack to her liking. So she couldn't wear the Tangled dress without a matching backpack, so decided to use Macie's Frozen backpack and wear her Frozen clothes. She cracks me up. I was glad she finally got excited to go back to school. All summer, she would freak out whenever the subject of school was brought up. She luckily got the same teacher as last year which I think cut down on her apprehension, and she is the same class as one of her best friends. I didn't cry the first day of school this year, just got a little lump in my throat when I hugged her and said goodbye and watched her unpack her backpack by her desk. I love that kid. And I miss her when she is at school. I asked Macie if she misses Chloe and she said, "No...I mean yes." Clearly she has figured out the socially acceptable answer to that question. But I don't think Macie minds her "me" time. Here are the girls making pencil holders, the Home Depot back to school craft.
Macie stories:
The other day Don was watching the kids and when I came home, Don told me that something strange had happened. Oscar was crying in his crib, and then his crying stopped. So he went to check and saw that Oscar was no longer in his crib, but was now laying on the couch. By the crib was a small rocking chair that was tipped over. We deducted that Macie had stood on the rocking chair, got Oscar out, and then must have tipped over the rocking chair while stepping down. We asked Macie if she had fallen when she was getting Oscar out of the crib and she said 'yes, I just said sowwy Oscar....sowwy Oscar..." So we have to have eagle eyes with Macie when it comes to Oscar.
She has been falling asleep in the early evening and instead of waking her up so she can go to bed at a normal time, we have been letting her sleep, because to wake her is to unleash a zombie beast. Which means she wakes up around 4 AM. well that happened the other night and she came into our room and was chattering away and we told her to go away. She ran out of our run, her feelings obviously hurt, and I was so tired, I was just glad the chattering had stopped. well in the morning I Went into the girls' room and found Macie sleeping next to Chloe. I asked Chloe how she had gotten there, and she said, "well I woke up in the middle of the night and I heard Macie playing with the barbies in the dark. So I said, 'Macie! Come to sleep! You are going to be so tired in the morning!' So she came and slept by me." Those girls take good care of each other.
The other day Don was watching the kids and when I came home, Don told me that something strange had happened. Oscar was crying in his crib, and then his crying stopped. So he went to check and saw that Oscar was no longer in his crib, but was now laying on the couch. By the crib was a small rocking chair that was tipped over. We deducted that Macie had stood on the rocking chair, got Oscar out, and then must have tipped over the rocking chair while stepping down. We asked Macie if she had fallen when she was getting Oscar out of the crib and she said 'yes, I just said sowwy Oscar....sowwy Oscar..." So we have to have eagle eyes with Macie when it comes to Oscar.
She has been falling asleep in the early evening and instead of waking her up so she can go to bed at a normal time, we have been letting her sleep, because to wake her is to unleash a zombie beast. Which means she wakes up around 4 AM. well that happened the other night and she came into our room and was chattering away and we told her to go away. She ran out of our run, her feelings obviously hurt, and I was so tired, I was just glad the chattering had stopped. well in the morning I Went into the girls' room and found Macie sleeping next to Chloe. I asked Chloe how she had gotten there, and she said, "well I woke up in the middle of the night and I heard Macie playing with the barbies in the dark. So I said, 'Macie! Come to sleep! You are going to be so tired in the morning!' So she came and slept by me." Those girls take good care of each other.




No comments:
Post a Comment