It's that time of year again. Swimming is in full force. Chloe is doing 2 swim teams again and Macie loves her life of swimming in the spare pool while Chloe practices. And I CANNOT WAIT to not be pregnant anymore! I made the sad, sad realization last week that this whole time I have been thinking my due date was July 12th, when it is in fact July 19th. I feel like this pregnancy is groundhog day, making no progress to that elusive due date, and I swear I have been pregnant as long as an elephant.
This is the first time I have been this pregnant in the dead heat of the summer, and by golly, it's a doozy!
Finding clothes to wear when you are 35 weeks pregnant is already a challenge. No longer is there the, "Hmmm, is this flattering?" concern. No, it is now, "hmmm...does this cover everything up that needs to be covered up?" Which by the way, when it is 107 degrees outside, you don't really want to cover anything up. But streaking is illegal. And also against my religion, so alas I must continue to wear clothes. One of the added benefits of late pregnancy in extreme heat is that it makes your legs swollen and on fire! I also have this super awesome, unexplainable rash on both of my shins that my Doctors just like to say thinks like, "Oh, that's weird." (Although they don't usually say the word "weird" they use more Doctor-ly words like "interesting" or "unusual.")
I really shouldn't complain, I guess. I mean besides taking shots every day, things have been pretty smooth sailing and my complaints are pretty minor. But I'm so done. I miss sleeping on my back. I miss not waddling. I miss being able to physically accomplish things like cleaning my whole house and making it the grocery store in one day. I miss wearing my high heels and feeling comfortable in clothes. And why is it that pregnancy gives people the idea that they can say rude things about your body that they would never think to say if you weren't pregnant? "Wow, you look huge...Are you sure you aren't carrying twins?...You are only THAT far along?...You look REALLY pregnant today."( All direct quotes. ) Thank you!
Well tomorrow is Father's Day and unfortunately I somehow injured my foot, which on top of my usual waddling, is making it even more impossible to get much done. I would like to clean my house and make it to the grocery store but I walk about half as fast as I normally do. It's too bad it is not Mother's Day, then I wouldn't feel bad making Don do everything.
Well I think I did a sufficient amount of complaining. So to end on a good note, we bought a new car! Well new to us. A 2008 Ford Explorer. So we will be saying goodbye to my Mazda soon, and I shall not miss it, although Chloe seems to be a little sentimental with the coming departure. Chloe is also in the process of writing a book, which is oddly very similar to an Australian mermaid movie she has watched on Netflix several times. But all great authors take their inspiration from somewhere I suppose.
Also, Macie is potty trained. In her diaper. She will be wearing her bathing suit and ask me for a diaper so she can go to the bathroom. I suggest using the toilet, but no, she would much rather just go in her diaper. Or hold it till the end of time, or till she gets a diaper, whichever comes first. No clue how to solve this problem.
Macie also hates being told that she is funny. She gets very offended. She is also obsessed with understanding why people laugh. I took the girls to a movie and anytime anyone laughed, Macie would be up in my face asking, "What's so funny? Why people laughing?" She asked me this question about every 3 minutes for the entire movie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sawyer's birthday is July 19! And Will's is the 17th. Both good days. I had a rash over both my arms while pregnant with Hazel. That was a new one. Hang in there (like you have a choice)! :-)
Post a Comment