I am finally getting around to documenting probably the most important event of this year (well besides the impending birth of my baby). It is a good activity to do right now anyway. I am doing a lot of sitting with my feet up lately. My feet are KILLING me. If I do an hour of housework I feel the same way I did after walking around Disneyland for an entire day. I really hope my feet go back to normal after the baby comes because I really, really love cute shoes. Anyway. My brother got married on May 24th! It was a whirlwind weekend that flew by much too fast. On Friday afternoon my most favorite cousin of all time, flew in and then later that evening the rest of my extended family arrived. We had a dinner at my Dad's house, made by Liz. I am so glad she did pretty much all the work. All I did was make a salad and leave a huge mess for her to clean up afterwards. She made some delicious beef stroganoff and an even better cake. We had so much fun visiting with everyone. It has been a few years (since Grandma died) that everyone has been together like this. I know my Mom appreciated that her siblings made the trip to come support my brother on his big day.
My Aunt Karen bought her sisters leggings as a joke, to prove that leggings are actually pants. (There is this current trend where adult women seem to think ugly leggings are 1. cute and 2. count as pants.) Although they actually looked pretty good in the leggings.
In the morning, the girls went out to T.C. Eggingtons, where they threw me a little baby shower. I got some pretty great gifts and I felt really spoiled.
After brunch, we went out to my Mom's grave and laid some flowers. I am so glad my Aunts had the thought to do this. Truthfully I can't remember the last time I went out to her grave. It is not a place that I like to revisit. But I am glad we did because she was remembered and on her son's wedding day, I can't think of a better gift to her other than to know that we were thinking of her. Thankfully the weather was very nice for the end of May, otherwise we would have not lasted long out there. This memory is a much, much nicer memory than the one I have almost 14 years ago when it must have been about 115 degrees and the oppressive heat only added to the heaviness of our hearts. Even still, I can't help but feel very solemn when I step foot on the Mesa Cemetery grounds.
After this, I had some rushing around to do being that I had 2 kids and myself to pretty up, as well as being the grooming police for Chelsey. I even managed to make it to Payless to buy Chelsey some shoes so that she wouldn't wear her decrepit slip on loafers. (more on that later)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment