Friday, June 27, 2014




*Wednesday night Don's nephew came home from his mission.  So we went to the airport to welcome him back.  
*I am 37 weeks tomorrow.  Which is when Macie was born.  Baby boy is already 7 pounds 5 ounces.  Part of me wants him to come now, part of me is happy to have him wait a couple weeks for my scheduled inducement.  I am terrified I will miss the window for an epidural because my medication (heparin) has to be timed right in order to get my epidural.  Basically I have 12 hours to wait after taking my last does of heparin for it to be safe to get an epidural.  I am TERRIFIED of doing this thing naturally.  It is obviously causing me some anxiety, I could barely get to sleep last night thinking about it.  I realize there is only one way out of this now and it involves quite a bit of pain.  
* Macie had some good ones today.  We were at Target and she saw a girl with blue hair and she said, "Hey! That Mom has blue hair!" And trying to intercept another too honest opinion I said, "Yep. Isn't it pretty?"  To which she replied, "No! It's weird!"  And that's when you just hope that the person being talked about has really bad hearing.  Also, she looked to be too young to be a Mom, so that was probably more offensive than the hair comment.
Also tonight: We were at a party and Macie got wet playing outside with the other kids.  She came inside and was mad about it and told me, "I'm all watered up! But I'm not a plant!"  I thought it was the one of the top 10 funniest things she has ever said and I couldn't help laughing.  Which made her mad.  Macie really hates people laughing at her, she takes herself very seriously.

2 comments:

ottspot said...

The count is on now! Please have this little guy on July 4th and name him Freedom. Or America. Or Banner (as in star spangled). Or independence. You could call him Indy and be totally cute and trendy.

M.M.M. said...

All very good ideas. Better than any ones we have. It looks like he will probably be Oscar so people better get used to pretending they like the name.