Saturday, July 5, 2014


See that little weird puff ball Macie is holding? Best 5 dollars I've ever spent.  She saw it at Party City a few days ago and I told her we could come back and buy it if she used the potty.  And she actually did! So I drove a half hour back to the store to buy it the next day. And she used the potty the whole day the day we bought it! We might have turned a corner.  At least she doesn't seem scared of the potty anymore, which I think was her problem, she couldn't figure out how to relax so she could "go."  

I thought the girls were both asleep when I took this picture, but it looks like Chloe caught me.  It is sooo nice driving our new Ford Explorer with air conditioning in the back seats. The girls now complain of being cold, which is saying something when it is 105+ outside every day.  Although now that I look at this picture a little longer, I think this might be inside our Mazda, I just have to add that for journalistic accuracy.

 A couple weeks ago Macie had a tantrum and I banished her to her room.  When the gnashing of teeth stopped I went to go check on her, and I found her in the corner asleep.  Chloe then proceeded to build a fort around her, cover her with a blanket, and place some some books next to her, so when she woke up she would have something to do.  Chloe is like the Indian guy in "Little Princess."

In other news, I am still pregnant!! Hooray! Not. Really.  Having Macie at 37 weeks is making anything past that seem eternal.  I am officially 38 weeks and the way I get through the day is to say, "maybe today!"  I am trying to distract myself because if I have too much alone time to think, I want to rip my hair out and run around like a crazy person screaming, "take this out!!!!"  In fact, I had better stop talking about it because just felt that familiar claustrophobic feeling up in my throat.

No comments: