Chloe had her last day of school on Thursday. This year flew by. I remember the first day of school. I was a mess. I couldn't believe Chloe was already going to school.
And now she is in first grade. What? How does this happen?
Chloe was really sad for the school year to be over.
She cried and said she was going to miss her teacher so much, and that her teacher is moving to a different school.
It made me sad too, but I guess that is part of life, learning to deal with change.
I am glad to have her home for the summer. I am going to have to keep her entertained though. And by golly, this summer I am getting out of dodge and escape the heat...once a month! That's my goal. We'll see. When it comes down to it, leaving town is a lot of work. And I change my mind.
Chloe is going to be on swim team. I am suuuuuuuuper (not) excited about sitting by the pool all summer.
In other news, I went back to my roots. My hair roots that is. It looked a lot lighter with all the red highlights I had put in. But I missed my old hair.
So I dyed it. It was met with mixed reactions. Don prefers it really dark. But Chloe kept telling me I had made a mistake all day.
"Why didn't you like red anymore? I thought you liked red hair? I thought you wanted to have red hair like me? Your hair is black now. I don't like it. Mom, why did you make your hair black? It looks weird." etc.
In truth I hated it the first couple days too. I grimaced every time I looked in the mirror because I thought I looked like a member of the Addams family.
Well this is neither hair nor there. ; )
I am getting used to it again. It's funny to have to get used to something that you have had your whole life. I keep asking Don. Was my hair really this dark before?
Also, I got to see my "Mom" friends. One has already moved and the other one is in the process. I am sad to see them go, but happy for their having new adventures.
Welcome summer!



1 comment:
Come see us! It would be slightly less hot!
Post a Comment