Sunday, October 14, 2012

Show Low Fall Break

 This week Chloe had school off.  So just me and the girls went north and stayed at a cabin with my super hot friend Robyn.  I loved getting up North and getting a taste of Fall.  The Aspens were breathtaking.  I love Aspens.  They are my favorite tree.  I love their fluttering leaves and their skinny white trunks covered in black eyes.
 This was the day that I decided to wear a black unitard.  I bought some black leggings awhile back,  and at home with my full length mirror I said to myself out loud, "Melissa, never ever wear these in public." But since the cabin had no full length mirror, I forgoed my original conclusion. And so I went through the day looking like a mime. A mime with thunder thighs.


 We went to a nearby lake one day.  We skipped rocks and had a picnic lunch.  And Chloe complained that she was freezing.

On our way back we stopped at a park because it had one of those Old Merry Go Rounds.  You remember the ones,  the ones that almost killed you as a child.  The kids loved it.  Even though I am pretty sure it gave them all headaches and stomach aches.  Robyn and I decided that we understood why most responsible parks took them out due to their high probability of seriously maiming children if left unsupervised.  But we discovered this park was not too concerned with safety or equipment, so it was no wonder it still had a merry go round.  Here is a tunnel you could crawl through,  just watch out for the massive hole and make sure your kids don't know what word starts with the letter "f."
It seriously was the most ghetto park I have ever seen.  But the kids only noticed the super steep slides and and the whirl-o-thunder. Seriously these slides were ridiculously steep.  I wish I had a picture to show you.  The whole park seemed like something I would dream up in one of my eerie nonsensical nightmares.

 macie's bar routine has really improved since being put in gymnastics lessons.



                We really had a splendid adventure, thanks Robyn, you rock my world.

3 comments:

RHulsey said...

Oh if I had a dollar for every time I was hurled off of the Merry-Go-Round...

Paul and Robyn Fox Family said...

thanks for posting 2 awesome pictures of me. I'm going to add that to my list of things you do that annoy me. It just keeps getting longer and longer. Just kidding. That was so fun, and I am grateful that you have documentation of the black unitard.

Paul and Robyn Fox Family said...

thanks for posting 2 awesome pictures of me. I'm going to add that to my list of things you do that annoy me. It just keeps getting longer and longer. Just kidding. That was so fun, and I am grateful that you have documentation of the black unitard.