Saturday, March 17, 2012

catch up

I am playing catch up with my pictures today. I have had a serious case of Mommy brain lately. It is starting to worry me a little. I mean, what if it is really early dementia? For example last Sunday I showed up late to church. Don was already there and he says to me, "Did you know you were leading the music today?" I said, "No I'm not!" Confident that someone else got it all wrong. And then I sat there for a couple minutes, and in the very dark, very hidden and forgotten recesses of my mind, I found a faint recollection of an email in which I agreed to lead the music on Sunday. My bad.

Well anyway, today is the worst holiday of the year: St. Patrick's Day. Hoorah hoorah. I don't drink. I hate forest green unless it is actually in the forest. And only if I was starving on a desert island would I be excited about finding a stash of corned beef and cabbage. I do not want to eat salty, bright pink meat. My friend Bonnie did have me over for brunch today though, and that was fun.

so here are some random pictures.

Chloe likes to think she is a magician. She performs her magic tricks by telling us to close our eyes and then she disappears. It is very difficult to find her.
She also likes to make Chelsey disappear.
Chelsey does not find it all that amusing. She told Chloe something to the effect of "This is the dumbest magic trick in the history of the entire universe." and Chloe cheerfully responded with, "No it's not. This will work Chelsey." And then she puts a white blanket over her head because Chelsey is too tall to fit the length of her body underneath our coffee table.
Poor Macie is also a reluctant model for Chloe practicing her picture taking skills.

Also, Chelsey.
Sit Boo Boo, Sit. Good Dog. So Macie is so close to walking. She can walk, I think she just chooses not to. she takes a couple steps and then she gently eases herself back down on her knees. Don says she approaches walking like I approach skiing. He is referring to the one time we went skiing where whenever I found myself getting too fast, I would just purposefully make myself fall down. I figured either way I was going to fall, and I preferred to be going at a slower speed when it happened. Apparently Macie got the overly cautious gene. Chloe did not get this gene. Lucky girl. Macie gets more fun every day with all the new skills she is learning. I love this stage. She can feed herself pretty well with her spoon (she is very motivated when it comes to figuring how to get food into her mouth). Today she blew on her food like it was too hot. Once again, very motivated when it comes to figuring out how to get (non hot) food into her mouth. The other day she took my hand, put my palm facing up, and than put her bottle in my hand for me to hold. Kids are smart, aren't they? Macie is not in a hurry to grow up (she still wants to nurse) and I am really okay with that. I am enjoying every second of her babyhood.
This was when Chloe was pretending to be Sleeping Beauty.
I love finding these little things-I found these babies all snuggled and then covered with blankets and pillows.

2 comments:

emilymhjohnson said...

Oh your girls are cuties! And you know, I have the exact same approach to skiing! It's embarrassing. I'm very very cautious - like eventually (about halfway down the mountain) I stopped getting up again after I purposely fell down and started crying. (Although I think there may have been some hormonal factors contributing to that decision) We must have both inherited this from some distant ancestor... Thanks genetics!

RHulsey said...

I love to read the interactions between Chloe and Chelsey. I wish my baby would be content with staying a baby for a while.