I just wasted 2 + hours of my life on a BBC miniseries. I am glad I watched the first 2 installments and then skipped to the 6th to see the ending because I don't think I would have wanted to watch the other 3 when the ending of the miniseries was super lame and open ended.
I thought it would be interesting because it dealt with the English channel islands during WWII and I just read the book "The Guernsey Potato Peel Pie Society" (I can never remember the exact title, but close enough). Alas, it was not as awesome as that book was. And by the way, I really hope that that book gets made into a movie.
Anyway, I just wanted to record the scene today at my house. I would have rather got it on film but as always, my camera was dead. (oh, which reminds me, I received some rather disturbing news today that another one of my family's cats was killed by a pack of loose dogs. That makes 2 in a year. Both are rather disturbing so I will spare you any of the details. But really, something has got to be done about those dogs.)
And on that...
Well Chloe decided to give Chelsey a makeover which consisted of fairy wings, a crown, a pink necklace and a pink wand. And then she decided that she wanted to be to be the fairy, and I am pretty sure Chelsey had no problem with relinquishing the crown.
Then she made me be the audience. And gave Chelsey a plastic fork and a plastic spoon. Then I was instructed to introduce them:
"Ladies and Gentleman...Presenting the Beautiful Fairy Chloe and the Big Princess Chelsey."
And then Chelsey was instructed to bang the plastic cutlery together while standing on my coffee table and count. Sometimes it was to count down from 3...sometimes 6...sometimes 10.
Which was my favorite part of the whole show.
"6,5,4,3,2,1. hmpf. That's it. This is most boring game ever invented in the history of the entire universe."
And then it was Chloe's turn to perform on my fireplace platform in which she rotated from the original song "fa, la la la la" to a familiar classic, "Twinkle Twinkle."
Sometimes I feel like my life would make an excellent episode for "Malcolm in the Middle."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment