Thursday, January 19, 2012

Kid Updates

1. Macie stood up unassisted for a few seconds today. She is getting closer to walking, which I am in NO hurry for. She is already all over the place and could probably get along well with dumpster divers.

2. A conversation I had with Chloe today:
Chloe: Mom-what color are we?
Me: Well, we are white.
Chloe: What??!! No we're not!
Me: Well what color are we then?
Chloe: I don't know. That's a hard color.
Let's see, we're not blue...we're not red...we're not yellow...we're not green...we're not pink...etc.
I know! We are the color of a paint brush!
Me: And what color is that?
Chloe: I don't know. That's a hard color. I've never learned that before.

I should tell her we are a tuscan beige. With spots.

3. She also told me that she needs a "shooting star for her dreams."
And boy I wish I had one of those because that might make putting her to sleep easier. She is afraid to sleep by herself in her room because she is afraid of nightmares. One morning she told me that she dreamed I had eaten bugs. Last night I caught her talking in her sleep carrying on some conversation with her friend Mo. It sounded like, "Mo! Mo! Mo-come here!!!!" Which makes sense, in real life she is also bossing him around.
Every morning I wake up with Chloe and Macie (and Don) in my bed. 4 people in a queen size bed might be nice if we were stranded in a car on a frozen mountain top, but it is not ideal under normal circumstances.

1 comment:

Liz said...

tuscan beige with spots! LOL! "That is a hard color." She is so funny.