Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sleep. Or lack there of.

I have created a monster. 2 actually. They are very cute monsters. They are sweet wonderful children during the daylight. But something happens when the sun goes down. They turn into creatures from another world. I know I have only myself to blame. Both have been spoiled into thinking they own my bed. In the past year I think only once have both of them stayed in their own bed for the whole night at the same time.
I am trying quite unsuccessfully, to retrain them.
Last night Macie woke up (it seemed) like every half hour. I held strong for most of the night, and then I could not take it anymore. Letting her cry it out that many times was torture. Even with ear plugs.
And then of course Chloe ended up in my room as soon as I gave in and let Macie sleep in my bed.
We thought it might solve the problem of Chloe being scared to go to sleep, if Macie and her shared a room. And it works-until Macie wakes up, waking Chloe up and sending the rest of the night into a game of musical beds.
So I think I first need to solve Macie's problem. And get her sleeping through the night. Which I am not sure how to do. The only thing I can think is to put her in the farthest room away from us and put in the ear plugs. But like I said, she wakes up frequently and she is persistent every time with her crying, it takes a half hour to give in. She is literally crying half the night!
And...she won't take a bottle. Or a pacifier.
This has got to end. We ALL need our sleep!

No comments: