So Christmas was a really nice day. We had church at 9AM which was kind of nice because we didn't have the option to laze around in our pjs all morning (* day). But it made for a rushed morning. We made Chloe hold off on presents until my family showed up at 1:30 PM, which was really hard. It was torture for Chloe. We gave her her stocking when she woke up and she found some little goodies and this dress (above).
When we were driving to church I realized my contact was going haywire. I thought it would work itself out by the time I got there, and I even brought contact solution with me, but it was no use. I had gotten make up on it and it was not coming off. This proved to be somewhat problematic being that I had to play my violin and it is rather difficult to read music when you are blind. So I ran home and put on my glasses instead, which made for a not so relaxing Christmas morning. Luckily that was the only real hiccup, not something like my string breaking.
When we got home from church we started our traditional breakfast. this year I made a German pancake and peach compote, and it was very tasty. Don stuck to his burritos which are always spectacular. And I think we used every dish, pot and pan making our breakfast. And being that is was Christmas, and I don't do dishes on Christmas, the following day I awoke to a very dirty house and a heck of a Christmas hangover, minus the alcohol of course.
And those are my pictures of actual Christmas. Note to self, get pictures and video from Adam.
Santa was good to all of us this year and I was very proud of myself for wrapping things ahead of time this year.
Chloe's favorite gifts: Pinkalicious Book, Belle barbie, magic wand, pillow pet, princess costumes.
Chloe likes to freeze people with her wand. Don got a mirror and used it to freeze her back. Now that is a scene I wish I had on video.
Chelsey got Wii Mario Kart which I think is all of our favorite Christmas gift.
Don got the game of Pit and a radio. somehow we lost "Pit" after only 2 days of having it. And the radio is going back to Best Buy. sorry Don.
And I got some cute new clothes.
And Macie...well she is a baby so I got her a dress, which was really a present I gave to myself. Because seeing her all dressed up makes me giddy.
Later that day we went over to Julie's house to spend some more time with Denise and Whitney. Chloe wanted to go spend some more time at my Dad's house, so we let her go over there.
It was quite a lovely day. I was really glad we went to church in the morning because it started the day off with the real Christmas spirit. I have felt so much gratitude this holiday season for my countless blessings. I have done nothing to deserve what I have been given and I thank God for all the tangible and intangible things He has given me.
Oh, and back to Christmas Eve, did I mention the crazies in the family jumped in the pool. Wolfgang jumped in too, and he looked like he was going to drown being that he was shocked by the cold water. We all stood there hoping that if he needed to be saved, it was not one of us that had to jump in to do the saving!
I brought Chelsey along, and my in laws did not know she was coming. they handed out cards and cash to all of us, and Chelsey went up to my Mother in law and asked where hers was, my Mother in law said she had forgotten it in the car, or something like that. And she made a card for Chelsey and gave her some money too which I thought was so sweet. I married into a fantastic family.
And I think that pretty much covers everything.
Christmas 2011 was great and even though it was really busy, it was a good busy, and I enjoyed the holiday season.
Christmas 2011 was great and even though it was really busy, it was a good busy, and I enjoyed the holiday season.
No comments:
Post a Comment