Today I went with a friend to the AZ Science Center. Chloe's little friend
kaylin came along also. The two of them stepped in the elevator and before we (the adults) could join them, the doors closed. Chloe gasped and gave me a look of shock as the door was closing, but there was nothing I could do. I wasn't afraid for their safety or anything, so I found it pretty funny imagining the 2 of them in there. We went from floor to floor to find them, and when I got to the 2
nd floor I stepped out and said, "
chloe...Chloe." And I heard from the floor below me, "I think she is down here!" I look over the balcony and there is Chloe and her friend sitting on a bench like 2 scared little puppies. They were very happy to see us and I bet this will be one of her memories that sticks with her as this is the first time I think she has really felt lost. My favorite part is that she told the adult who helped them that my name was "
Mewissa."
I asked her this evening this question, "What is your favorite thing about your life?" I thought it was a pretty vague question and didn't really expect an answer but I thought her answer was quite heart warming. she said clearly, "Having friends." Yes, having friends is one of my favorite things too.
And for Macie news...she took her first step a few days ago. It has not been repeated, and I am certainly not pushing the issue. I suspect it will be any day now. But she can get around pretty fast crawling so maybe she doesn't feel the need to become 2 footed. One other thing we have discovered about Macie is that she loves, loves, LOVES food. If she sees someone eating, she books her way over to it. She is like a little scavenger and I think can and does eat more than Chloe. Her fascination and delight for food is very entertaining.
No comments:
Post a Comment