Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sometimes I like to make up nonsense songs while I am cleaning. I think I get it from Chloe. Or rather she gets it from me. Or maybe that is just what everyone does but nobody admits to it in public.
Chelsey heard me do it the other day. She told me, "That's a good song. But I wouldn't recommend singing it to anyone else."
I thought that was very constructive criticism.
Done. I will never sing that song to anyone else.
Mostly because I cannot remember any of the lyrics.

Today was Chloe's first day ever of dance lessons. I brought my camera and was going to take a video. But...being that she and her friend decided to be the class clowns, I became distracted (mortified) and failed to.

The teacher was very sweet afterwards and told me, "I was impressed with this being her first time. She did very well."

Um....were we watching the same kid? Because I am pretty sure they were making up their own twirling routines in the back of the classroom.
But apparently Chloe learned something as she demonstrated her tap"Shuffle stop." In the pool.
Which by the way, question (s).
1. why are tap shoes so expensive?
2. Why do children still learn tap? It seems a useless dance.
I mean all the tappers on "So You Think You Can Dance" get voted off the first week. I guess the judges are trying to give tap a come back, but it is just not happening.
It just seems sad for someone to be really good at tap because no one really cares.
It is like winning the Olympic Gold medal in Synchronize swimming. So you are good at Synchronize swimming-you ain't ever going to get on a box of Wheaties.
But I suppose this is a bad attitude and I should be supporting these endeavors based on personal fulfillment, not on whether or not they prove impressive or interesting to spectators.
The end. On that subject.

People are always thinking Macie is a boy. I just can't understand why. Oh. Maybe it is because she is bald and is in a black and blue car seat. She is the most delectable baby. And every time she sees me pull out a plastic container of orange mush, she gets very excited. She enjoys meal time, as do I.




PS I am glad I actually did Chloe's hair for dance lessons. There are some hardcore Moms in there.


No comments: