Monday, September 26, 2011

Last Friday I was curling my hair when I noticed a large red mark on the back of Macie's head. Of course my first thought was what did Chloe do. So I asked Chloe.
I thought she bit the back of her head. She said she didn't. Then I wondered if I had burned her head with my curling iron. But I thought surely she would have cried.
Well then Don came home and I showed him. He knew exactly what happened. He should have been a detective. In fact we jested the other week after some friends moved to Hawaii with the FBI, that he should join the FBI.
Then he pointed out that not everyone gets sent to Hawaii. And we could end up some place horrible like Paris or London. Just kidding. I would not mind living in Paris or London. But with our luck we would probably end up in some dusty little desert town named Tumbleweed or something. I can handle living in a big city in the desert. But a dusty desert town...not a chance.
I digress.
Well Don asked Chloe, "Did you drag her across the carpet?"
And she said "Yes. Four times!"
My poor little Macie. Bald and scarred.
Miss Macie is almost 8 months which I can't believe. She rolls around but that's about it. Which I am okay with. I am not in a hurry for her to be mobile. In fact I have taken to binding her feet. This will make her feet small and dainty like, also make it so she can't walk. Double win.
I thought this story fit in nicely with all the other abuse poor Macie has been afflicted with as of late.
In other news I completed a project. With the help of my friend (A LOT of help) I sewed this roman blind for my kitchen window. So I have something pretty to look at while I do one of my favorite things: dishes. It was nice to get something pretty up. All my paintings and decorations are at the old house still.

Hmm. It doesn't look very impressive. I guess I'll never fit into the online world of Domestic Blogging Goddesses.