Chloe:
"Mom! Why Dad get bwack wicorice? I have red hair! I need wed wicorice!"
translation: black licorice, red licorice
Last week I took Chloe and Macie for their check ups.
Chloe had 4 shots and Macie had 3.
Evil.
I asked Chloe if she could be really brave and we could go get her a shopping cart that she had been eyeing at Target.
As we waited for eternity for the shots to get drawn, Chloe was losing her courage.
I peeked out the door to the nurse who was drawing the shots and said that I think I changed my mind and only wanted to do 2 today.
She was obviously highly annoyed and said, "Well I will have to send the Doctor back in."
And since I all too often try not to annoy people, I said, Oh, nevermind we'll just do them all.
Well it was awful.
Poor Chloe. She got stuck once and was horrified.
And then she just kept getting poked.
I felt absolutely terrible.
Adults don't even get 4 shots at one time.
And the Nurse was so crabby.
In fact maybe I will write them a letter and tell them that if they are going to be giving shots to children they could act a little more empathetic and at least not give away so easily their disdain for an upset child.
Grr.
Then my poor little Macie got 3.
She handled it a little better.
As soon as it was over I think she forgot that it had hurt.
But not Chloe. It took a half hour for her to become a stable human being again.
The worst part was her repeating over and over again to me, "Mommy! I was only supposed to get 1 shot, not 4!!"
Did I mention it was awful?
I just feel bad for kids. They live in their perfect worlds and then once in awhile they have to do something terrible and it just breaks their little hearts. I hate for them to find out that they better get used to it, because having a body can hurt a lot sometimes!
Good news is Chloe is done with shots until she 11. But I am not sure she is going to forget any time soon.
good thing she went swimming all day yesterday, otherwise I think it would have been a repeat of the day before when she complained that she couldn't walk because her legs hurt.
This week's milestones were:
Macie rolled over. And continues to be the most smiley and perfect baby in the whole entire world.
Chloe got over her fear of going under the water. she went swimming with her friend Bella who is fearless in the water, and it wore off on Chloe. I watched with extreme satisfaction, her practicing over and over again, dunking her head just a little at a time, one had holding onto the side of the pool, until she finally had her whole head go under. She was so proud of herself.
It is very exciting watching your child teaching themself how to do something and to overcome their fear.
It was a good day. I am glad, because the day at the Doctors was crap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment