Monday, February 7, 2011

Macie comes to earth.


Macie Leigh Mortensen arrived Saturday February 5th, 2011 at 7:44 PM. Weighing in at 7 pounds 11 ounces. 37 weeks and 2 days gestation and 2 weeks prior to my scheduled inducement.
My joy is immense and I just want to cuddle and stare at her all day. Unfortunately I have to take baths with an inflateable donut sometimes so I am not totally free to do that.
More details later...but it was an amazing experience and better than any Super Bowl in the history of super bowls. Although I wouldn't know much about that cause I don't really care about the Super Bowl. But seriously, it had all the makings of a historic game: surprise, waiting, pain, exhileration, drama, down and out, losing in sight, faith, team work, encouragement, screaming, cheering, and then pulling out the win in the end....
I can't wait to tell you all about it.
I am going to go stare at Macie now.

12 comments:

kt said...

Congratulations!

Jourdan said...

I thought you had a few weeks yet!!!

COngrats! Adorable name and I'm sure she is as beautiful as the rest of your MOrtensen girls! AHHHH. Can't wait to see her!

Ben and Maggie said...

Congrats!! I can't wait to read the whole story! I love the name Macie. We have the spunkiest, cute niece named Macy!

Brooke said...

I have just fallen in love with every Macie I've known so I can't wait to meet her. Also, I was so worried when I heard she was here and I knew she was 3 weeks early, so I am very glad to hear she is big and healthy and to see your new family picture. Congratulations.

Lauren said...

Erin told me this news yesterday and I'm so happy she came safely (and early!). :) Congrats!

Leisa Waldron said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to hear the story!

emilymhjohnson said...

Congratulations!!! So happy for you!

Molly and Patrick Devinger said...

Congrats!!! We are so happy for you! What an adorable name! Enjoy these first days. xoxo

Becky Filhart said...

That is SOOOO exciting!!! Especially because she was born on the BEST day of the year...February 5th... MY birthday too!!! Haha.
She is beautiful, and we LOVE the name..too cute!
Congratulations we are thrilled for you all! :)

heidi said...

congratulations!!!!!
super cute!

Liz said...

I love Chloe's expression in this picture! She looks so excited!

Liz Taylor said...

Congratulations! So happy for you. Macie is such a cute name!