Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Proper way to swaddle.


Today I came home to find Macie in her crib swaddled. If a ninja swaddled babies, this is how I think he would do it.
That ninja is Don.
I laughed for a good 5 minutes.
If you can't tell, her blanket is taped to make it impossible for her to get her arms out.
And she is very happy about it as you can see.

And this illustrates the difference between Don and me.
When Don does something, he likes to make sure it is done right the first time.
When I do something...it is usually fast...and I usually have to redo it or put on a band aid.

Examples:
When I put up a picture I get out a shoe and a nail.
And I usually make about ten holes in the wall before I get it in the right place.

When Don puts up a picture, he gets out the measuring tape, his leveler and a pad of paper and a pencil.
And I am the scribe while he measures walls.
Then he gets a single nail and the hammer.
Perfect.

Or when I vaccuum I push the vacuum back in the closet and throw in the cord and shut the door.
When Don vacuums he rolls the cord up nicely and gently places it back in the closet.

Or when I put shoes on Chloe, I throw her the flip flops.
Don gets out the socks and shoes.

And I am grateful for these differences.
Cause some (okay most) of the time, his way produces better results.

BUT if he had to put the shoes on chloe day after day after day...I think he would switch to flip flops too.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

At least he used blue painters tape and not the duct tape. Gives new meaning to the word permanent. Chloe would be very sad if her shoes were duct taped too. I'm all about the flip flops.

Liz said...

So funny!

Molly and Patrick Devinger said...

Hahahah! Too funny!

Lauren said...

That is an awesome post. DOn sounds a lot like Mike.