I can officially start enjoying the Christmas season now. Up until now, I have been feeling insane with busyness. One of these days I will write about Thanksgiving. And the other stuff if I ever get around to it. If I never do, here are the bullets of what we have been up to:
*Don got inducted into the Boy Scout "Hall of Fame" and we got a nice free dinner and to sit through a reaaaaaaally long award ceremony. Finally all his hard work is paying off. It is all about the badges and awards for him. Why else would he camp with a bunch of 12 year olds once a month and drive home with their stinkyness. That's a joke. In all sincerity I am very proud of him. The boys he works with are very lucky to have him, he goes above and beyond and really cares about them. And I think my attitude has come around about 68 percent in the last 5 years he's been the Scout Master. Maybe in the next, it will come around the last 32%.
That is only if I get fed a free dinner once a year, minus the award ceremony part.
Also I would like a plaque. And I want it to say, "Scout Master Wife of the Year."
Or..."You Could Pull Off One of Those Pale Yellow Shirts If You Had To."
*I put on a last minute luncheon for a funeral.
*I taught the lesson in Relief Society the next day.
*I was in charge (with massive amounts of help and initiation from too many people to mention) of our Relief Society Christmas party which was a smashing success (due to the massive amounts of help and initiation from too many people to mention).
Oh, I never want to be a caterer or wedding planner, etc. etc.
*I sat in a lab for an hour after I drank my kool aid to see if I have gestational diabetes and timed it perfectly to get some other blood work done so they would only have to poke me once. But they forgot about the other lab work so now I have to go back and get poked again. Though getting poked is no big deal, it's the getting to the lab with Chloe that does not go on my top 10 list of fun things to do.
*Oh, I have been reminded how delightful the last trimester is with sleeping and dressing and walking and such. I am not complaining...okay I kinda am...I mean, I'm grateful and all...but I don't like feeling like an old lady. But baby is 2 pounds and growing nicely and I CANNOT WAIT to see her in person. In other news, we still don't have a clue about what her name will be, except for Don thinks "Nellie" is a good option.
Ya. That's what I said.
Anyway, I don't think the above bullets have proved of my busyness, but believe you me. I am happy to get back to my normal routine. And I am happy to not have anything more I am "in charge" of for the rest of the month.
Still left to do: parties, cooking, shopping, and caroling.
All of which, I am NOT in charge of. Except for the shopping.
But you know me. That won't bother me a bit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I like Nellie!
Post a Comment