1. The other day I found a container of sprinkles with a spoon, hidden inside her closet.
2. The other day she didn't want to go to bed because she wanted to watch a movie we got from the library. We told her no. She apparently did not like that answer because she hid the DVD and we have looked high and low for it and it remains to be seen.
3. The night before Thanksgiving, she laid down on a blanket with my older sister and watched "Lady and the Tramp." I am too embarrassed to admit what time it was. Out of nowhere she sighs and then says, "This is nice." She stayed up for the entire movie.
4. Thanksgiving day she really wiped herself out with all her hard work playing and such. At 7 PM she said something she has never said before. "I'm tired. Let's go to bed." I thought she was kidding. But she was not. I took her upstairs and laid down by her. She wiggled and sang and talked to herself and I said to myself, well it was a nice thought. And then she started to sing the alphabet. She got to the letter "Q" then all the sudden her eyes closed, her mouth stopped, and she was out cold. It was like I found her off switch and unknowingly pushed it. I have not been able to find the off switch since.
5. Her Christmas list:
A pink skirt.
And ballet shoes.
My Boot story:
I have been in search of the perfect boot. I have never owned a pair of boots before. I am very particular in what I want. I don't want to look like a lady of the night, and I don't want to look like I shovel cement, and I don't want to look like I am 13, or that I am about to emabark on a journey up Mount Everest. Oh, and I don't want to spend more than (undisclosed) dollars.
Well I found the perfect pair at TJ Max. I did not understand how these boots were still on the shelf and how they had made it to TJ Max. Nevertheless I said that to myself that luck had finally befell me.
I tried one on and this lady in a velour sweat suit comes out from somewhere and says, "Ohhhhhh...cute boot."
I said, "Aren't they! They are a little snug..."
I guess the "are a little snug" part was reason enough for her to go grab the other half of the pair and then stare at me while I was examining my half of the pair of boots.
I thought, well this is awkward.
Then she asked, "How much are they?"
I had not bothered to check yet. Afterall they were at TJ Max, I am sure they are cheap!
I turn over the boot- "150 dollars."
Both of us put our boot back.
Good thing. Cause there might have been a brawl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What is with TJ Maxx getting all uppity?!
Post a Comment