This Weekend...
Saturday I was sleeping. I like to sleep. Anyway, my arm knocked over my lamp. I guess I randomly swung it, I don't really remember why it freaked out. And the lamp fell to the floor. I didn't think anything of it. Then I finally got up and picked up my lamp, then said, "Hmmm, what is that glass on the carpet?" So I touched it. Then I freaked out because I remembered it was a CFL lightbulb. And then I became convinced that I was going to die.
So I looked up how to clean it up.
Guess when one breaks you are supposed to leave the room and open up windows for like 15 minutes.
Well, didn't do that.
And then there was a whole bunch of other stuff too.
So I guess I will be growing antlers soon or something.
The instructions for clean up said to turn your AC off.
So I did.
Unfortunately I could never get it to turn back on again.
Yes, our AC broke.
Luckily is was an unseasonably cool day here in Mesa, AZ.
I don't think it even hit 90 degrees.
It was much cooler outside than it was inside.
And my house began to feel like a rain forest and smell like a...like a....well just not that good.
So we got out of the house for most of the day.
Then we played the expanded version of "Settlers of Catan," aka "Cities and Knights" at a friend's house.
I hate the creators of that game.
I can handle Settlers...but Cities and Knights?
My brain is neither large nor nerdy enough to handle it.
Okay, maybe nerdy enough.
But not dungeons and dragons nerdy.
So after about 2 hours of non stop game fun (oh and congrats to Don for FINALLY winning), we went back home to our swamp.
And then we tried to sleep.
We put on all the fans and borrowed my Dad's swamp cooler.
And I took off pretty much all my clothes.
TMI.
But I did.
And then I would wake up about every hour and felt like I was suffocating.
Plus I kept having dreams that I was inhaling large amounts of toxic mercury.
So then I went outside and tried to sleep in my hanging chair.
And that was nice until I heard gunshots.
Then about 7 AM I jumped in the pool.
Which I did about 5 more times until the repair man came to save us from certain doom.
And then glory be, My friend's husband, AKA my hero, came over and fixed my AC.
And I. Was happy. So very, very happy.
I will never complain again. About anything.
So I am sorry to say friends, this is the end of my Blog for forever.
Because if I can't complain, what else am I going to write about?
On second thought, I will only complain about the things that I am justified in complaining about. ; )
I hereby declare that I in fact will not be giving up my blog.
I am unretiring it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also this weekend, I discovered some of my word choices have fallen on delicate and susceptible ears.
I heard Chloe saying something was "stupid."
I will have you know, I don't call people "stupid," that is just not nice.
But I do call inanimate objects that don't work, "stupid."
However I do not think this word should be part of a 3 year olds vocab.
So we had a chat and I told her we would not be using this word anymore.
Unfortunately her car seat is in fact, stupid, so I had no other choice than to use the word.
And Chloe made sure to tell me, "Mommy, we don't use that word anymo...thas not a good wurd."
She has had to give me this lecture several times.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally, my Chelsey stories have been few lately.
But I have one.
Last week she told Chloe:
"Chloe. Did you know the Wiggles came on Sunday? And we couldn't go because we are LDS. That is the second time being LDS has ruined my life."
And I asked, "What was the 1st time?"
And Chelsey said, "When Dad had his Singles Party over here."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Chelsey is something else! I get to be her VT now and I went to visit her last week. We started to give the lesson and she goes "wait. What! It's not Monday night!" We reminded her that we like to give a short message for Vt and she goes "I already know that!". anyway, I brought up you and Chloe and she got the sweetest smile on her face and was in a better mood after that. She is fun. OH! I also got to see your beautiful renaissance portrait. IT reallly is pretty, and not as big as you have described in the past!
Oh my nooooooo!!! You saw my madrigal photo??? That photo is so ridiculous.
I am glad you are Chelsey's V. teachers.
It is always a great idea to distract her when she is in one of her mood.
I am glad she smiled when you mentioned us instead of saying, "Three year old's drive me crazy."
I guess she likes us after all.
This may be my favorite Chelsey story! Love it!
Post a Comment