You know this time of year I start to get really depressed over the oppressive heat.
So I am going to make myself a top 10 list about my favorite things about an AZ summer.
Because I am positive like that.
10. Turning my car on 10 minutes before I plan on getting in. And it is still too hot.
9. Blow drying my hair before church and then being so hot and sweaty right before we leave the house, that I throw my arms up in the air with frustration and yell, "Forget it!" And then, put my hair in a ponytail.
8. Putting my laundry in before going to bed and first thing in the morning when I attempt to put it in the dryer, realize I have to re-wash everything because it smells like a pond.
7. In a matter of 3 seconds I can go from dry and put together, to a soggy mess with my underwear saran wrapped to my butt.
6. Getting in the car and then having to get right back out because Chloe is begging for water. Then having to turn off the car cause I need the keys to unlock my front door, and then bringing Chloe back inside because I would prefer her not to die.
5. Saying to myself, "Oh crap it is past 8 AM. Guess I won't be making it to the grocery store today."
4. My white shirts have an increasingly limited shelf life, as after a couple wears the armpits are already a nice shade of canary.
3. Having to go put some clothes on when someone rings my doorbell.
2. Cooking something in my oven and my house getting to be like a bazillion degrees. And then eating too much of said food because I can't think of anything else to do because I am too hot to leave my house, unless it is for ice cream. And then I just feel really fat. And hot.
and finally #1....
Realizing that I have about another oh, 4 months (3 1/2 if we're lucky) of this.
Sigh.
Well being positive really does help me feel much better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I miss it terribly! It is so cold here in Calgary. I wish I was swimming every day with my kids like I was last year.
Post a Comment