Well I will start with my catching up with my 4th of July weekend. And well as far as catching up, that might be as far as I go. It depends on how lazy I am feeling. You know, creating these titillating blog posts are a lot of work sometimes.
Oh but before I get to that I just have a few things to say.
1. I got a swimming suit in the mail yesterday. Which I missed the mailman (which by the way- I NEVER leave the house so I am not sure how this happened. but whatev.) so I had to wait until this morning to visit just one of the many effective government agencies: the post office.
But the good news, I love my new bathing suit. It is more like a dress, but hey, it covers up my cell (that is short for cellulite...also....what is up with cellulite? I notice many um...pleasantly plump people at the pool...and they don't have any dimples or waves....but then I look at my size 0 little sister, and you know what, she has cellulite! What the?! Stupid cellulite gene.)
Well I also wanted to say-what is up with the sizing on swimming suits. So I got 2 and one of them was so short (as well as narrow) that I thought, um hello, who was this made for? I ordered a large...which by the way...do we need any more help feeling horrible about our bodies in bathing suits? I go to Anne Taylor Loft (the most heavenly store on the planet) and I wear a size small. And I say, wow I am so little and petite, look at me, I am a waif. And I smile to myself. So ya, I know it is their marketing...and people I don't really think that I am a waif...but hello-why can't swimming suits do the same thing? Oh you are a size 6, size 8...well guess what! You need an extra large bathing suit.
They might as well say, here is some extra-large fabric swatches to put over your grotesquely large body.
I am just telling myself that the reason a "large" swimming suit would have only fit me when I was like 10 (maybe), is because the swimming suit was from China. This I know because all the tags were written in chinese and I couldn't read it. And Chinese women are so tiny. Curse them. I am kidding. But I do think they have an entirely different interpretation for "large." As well as all the other swimming suit manufacturers .
You want large? Hey I'll take you on a trip to Wally Mart. I'll show you LARGE.
2. I am so emotional lately that it is funny. I was watching the news yesterday and I heard that the lady who was the original voice of Cinderella died, and that she had said once that the best part about being Cinderella was that her children would be able to hear her voice after she was gone. And then I cried for like 5 minutes because I thought it was so touching.
And then I heard a commercial for the DI and a guy talked about how working there had changed his life and made him feel like "somebody" and then I started tearing up.
And then I cried watching "Mama Mia" even though I thought the movie was seriously lame, and I can't even remember when or why it was I cried.
It is all a little ridiculous.
Obviously I am in dire need of some chocolate cake. That should solve the problem.
Well I think that I am going to start a new post for the 4th because this one is already super long. And pretty much pointless. But that's how I roll here in my blogging world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment