This makes me miss BYU.
I tried to study in the library, but the truth is, the library can be very distracting. There are way too many cute boys there to get anything done.
One section of library was like the runway. You knew if you sat at the tables by the runway, there was no intention of doing any sort of studying. Unless you were studying specimens that walked by. This went vice versa for both boys and girls. Although I think the girls utilized the runway more often.
If I really needed to cram, I had to go hole myself up in one of the "No I am really studying, don't bother me" room. My favorite place was the study section on the basement floor. And then my "I want to talk to friends" floor was the 3rd floor. And the "I want to take a nap" place....I found myself a little cubby in the recesses of the library and bam, those were some of the best naps I have ever had. In the winter I would wrap myself up in my cozy winter coat, put my head on the desk, look out at the falling snow, and peacefully nod off to sleep. I could be alone there for at least an hour.
Sigh. I miss the library.
BYU was sort of this fantasy world that you get to play in for a few years. Which was awesome. But then you enter the real world, and realize, hey...this ain't nothing like college!
I guess there is a time and a season to everything. I wouldn't trade Don and Chloe for anything. Well except, a nice nap in one of those cubbies. I really, really, REALLY like myself a good nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment