Friday, June 11, 2010

Things

You know.
My not so subtle hints to my husband don't really work.
I have not gotten a Dyson.
Or the plethora of pillows I desire.
Or the wreathe.
Or the shoes.

Sigh.

Oh, I like these shoes too Don.
Not that it really matters.
But for some reason it satisfies my cravings to just put it on my list.


Do you think that is sort of OCD?
I mean, I really, REALLY like lists.
I feel like if I put it on a list, it is good as done.
Like I make lists of goals like it is going out of style.
But I pretty much never take my vitamins. Or floss as often as I should
But I see it on my list and I say...well one of these days.
See. Good as done!

Have you ever noticed how little things like paper cuts and sores in your mouth can be really annoying?
Story.
So I bit my lip on a carrot on Monday and holy conoli it killed.
And it still kills.
I had to go to the Dentist today because half of my mouth was sore and my jaw hurt.
I was convinced I had a trillion cavities.
But the Dentist told me it was just from my itty bitty sore.
Or those little cracks in your heels! Those hurt too!

Oh, Elizabeth, I owe you a can of Enchilada sauce. Don't let me forget.

Anyway.
Things.
Things are nice.
But after all they are just things.
Now if they would just stop putting darn ruffles on everything I would be so much less tempted to want things.
Have you ever noticed that there are an endless supply of "things?"
It is not like you could ever run out of things to buy.
But then why is it so hard to shop for people?
Especially old people.
They must like things too.
But it is hard to pick the right kinds of things out for them.
They say, "Oh, I already have everything."
Well technically you don't.
But that is probably a good life lesson.
They have all the things that matter.
And so do I.

But...Don, I really wouldn't mind those shoes.
PS Do you think it is weird to white shoes with anything other than a wedding dress? I know it depends on the shoes...but what about these shoes? Kind of bride-ish huh.

1 comment:

Leisa Waldron said...

We are kindred spirits. :) In the words of Anne, with an "e".