Thursday, December 11, 2008

2 Lasagnas

The inconsequential Tale of Two Lasagnas-

Yesterday was a crazy day. I went to a funeral in the morning for a girl in my ward. (you really need to read her blog http://www.lemonademakers.blogspot.com/) It basically left my brain in another world for pretty much the whole day. It is at times like these, that I make my most bird brained blunders.

That night we had a Young Women's activity for which I was in charge of bringing the food and baking one lasagna. Bake one lasagna. Now how hard could that be? Apparently very hard. I had one to make, my friend had the other.

I preheated my oven, put the lasagna on a baking dish, never put the lasagna in the oven. Did not figure out until the estimated time to TAKE OUT lasagna. Upon seeing the lasagna on the counter I blamed Don, "Don! Why did you take out the lasagna already!" Don- "I didn't."
Melissa- "Oh crap!"
So I made spaghetti.

The lasagna my friend made? She though 115 minutes meant an hour and 15 minutes. I had to explain to her for about 20 minutes it meant almost 2 hours. Seriously it took that long to explain. Luckily I informed her of that, otherwise we would have had 2 frozen lasagnas for dinner. She ended up cooking it for the required time, but neglected to put the lid back on, so the top layer of cheese looked like a fresh coat of asphalt.

I find it rather alarming that 2 fully grown adult women, cannot manage to bring one properly cooked lasagna. I guess our minds were both somewhere else.

And that was pretty much the gist of my day yesterday.
The end.

1 comment:

Becky Filhart said...

Hey! I love your blog-but I actually liked getting together with you better:) Too bad my little sassy wouldn't let me stay longer. I don't have your email-but do we need to bring cups with the MILK hot chocolate to the party? Email me (twanda21@yahoo.com) and let me know:)