So a few days ago I got a call from my brother and he told me he was recently diagnosed will bells palsy. I had never heard of it, I am assuming most of you haven't either. But if you have or know someone that had it, I would love to know!Basically half of his face is temporarily paralyzed. It is caused by a facial nerve becoming inflamed. He can't smile or blink on the affected side. It takes a couple weeks to 3 months for the nerve to heal. I am praying for the 2 weeks! I saw him yesterday and it is one of the weirdest things I have seen, only because I am not used to seeing his face look like that. Anyway, just wanted to share. Can you pray with me that it will heal quickly??!!
6 comments:
I will pray for 2 weeks too! That's so scary, sorry!
Oh no, Melissa. That is awful.
I actually DO know someone who has had it and he was a TV News anchor! His lasted three weeks or so, if I remember right and then about 2-3 weeks of healing after that.
I think either he wrote about it, or I heard of another person getting it and they both went away, eventually. As scary as it may seem, hopefully it is just a temporary illness.
He's in my prayers too!
My neighbor across the street had it last summer. Went away in a few weeks.
My cousin had it, but it took a bit longer than two weeks to heal. She says it had something to do with physical and mental distress. Hope your brother gets though it quickly though.
Sorry to hear about Adam. Let him know that Ryan is thinking of him.
Sorry to hear about your brother. My grandmother had it years and years ago, and although it got slightly better, one side of her face is still a bit droopy. I always thought it was charming, though. Hopefully he's doing better!
Post a Comment