Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Adventures of Chloe and The Hat

This weekend we took an autumnal visit to Pine, Az (by the way it is still 88 degrees here). Don took his scouts on a campout while a couple other wives and I "camped" out a nearby fully equipped cabin. I felt very sorry for the men folk upon waking up in my comfy bed shivering. Or when I didn't want to go to the bathroom because I was too cold. I would not have made a good pioneer. And since other people I know post pictures of the food they make, here you go. I didn't have any fresh flowers to place next to it, or a hand embroidered dish towel, so just try to look past that. Oh and I didn't really make it. I did however make the best mac and cheese known to mankind. A stick of butter. 3 pounds of white chedder cheese. That is pretty much all you need to know. Perhaps I should make it for Thanksgiving...even though it is not a traditional Thanksgiving side dish...but then again I am pretty sure the Pilgrims did not have marshmallows on their yams either...but they probably would have enjoyed them a lot more if they did. Instead they probably just ate bland pheasant and seaweed. I don't really know...I would look that up on wickepedia if I were you. Holy cow is anyone still reading this??? It is late. Let's continue.


We met up with the boys in the morning and did some very rigorous hiking at Tonto Natural Bridge with our 4 toddlers in tow. Chloe had the time of her life. (insert soundtrack from Dirty Dancing "I've had the time of my life....and I owe it all to you...(aka mom)"
On the hike A certain hat made a special appearance. It is VERY sunny in caves and underneath bridges. That is why I am very careful to protect my delicate flesh.


The hat...




The Hat again...






The Chloe Jean...




The Chloe Jean posing for her shot...









The hat and some other nice people...






You get the picture about this whole hat thing....












Oh okay, so there was this nasty herd of javelinas just roaming free. They disgusted me. They look like hairy pigs but as I read on a nearby sign, they are in fact not hairy pigs, they are "-----". I am sorry I cannot remember what the sign said. But I was afraid of them and their large snouts and that they were going to come carry off my child into the wilderness and either 1. eat her or 2. raise her as their own like in the Jungle Book. And she is way too cute to fit in with a herd of javelinas so they probably would have just eaten her.










she's thinking...I could definitely get used to this.















We picked up this little one from Whooseville. We will return her for Christmas though.























It was a swell time.

2 comments:

Becky Filhart said...

Okay-I can't believe how big she is getting!!! That's nuts. Nice update...wow to actually be wearing long sleeves in the Fall in Arizona...what was that like??!!

The Mumfords said...

I love reading your blog. You make everything so much more interesting than I would. The little whoo from whooville and I had a good time.