Thursday, July 9, 2015

Oscar Turns 1


Oscar is now a year old (sniff sniff).  That whizzed by fast.  He is now walking.  He took his first steps probably about a month ago, but it took him a few weeks to switch over to upright.  He is still getting used to it, but he is doing pretty well.  The first steps he took were from one arm chair to the other.  He practiced that for awhile.  Then his cousin Troy came to visit last week, and that really motivated him.  I noticed a huge difference within hours of troy being here. He became much more determined and interested in walking. Now he almost exclusively wobbles around like a drunk man with his bottle.

Oscar had a pretty laid back birthday. He didn't seem to mind. But Chloe was ticked.  She wanted it to be mind blowingly awesome. But after a weekend of 4th of July partying, I was pretty much partied out.  He did get to go swimming in the morning while the girls were at their lessons.  And also, we participated in a promotional  photo shoot for Joe's Italian Ice, where he was stuffed full of ice cream and italian ice.  I can't wait to see those pictures. 

After that Chloe and Don went to a swim meet, and I ran to the store to buy a much too expensive cake.  The Martz's and Sutherland kids came over and we had cake and ice cream sandwiches. Oscar received a basketball hoop, a gift Don has been planning for months, ever since he found out Troy has one and loves to make hoops with his all day long.  Oscar isn't that into yet.  I hope he decides he likes it because it is huge and ugly.

We love Oscee.  He's a dreamboat.







No comments: