Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Chloe Turns 7

 Chloe's long awaited birthday finally came and went. And it was a busy weekend. Friday she celebrated with her school class.  Then on Saturday night, her cousin came with us to Manuels.  The girls didn't eat any of their enchiladas, complaining they were too spicy, but when the fried ice cream came out, amazingly their appetites returned.  I was so exhausted from the busy day (I also had my baby shower), that I came home and fell asleep. Then I had to wake myself up to go to the grocery store at midnight so I could buy Chloe her requested strawberry shortcake.  Thankfully Saturday afternoon, Don went shopping for her gifts with Macie, while I attended my baby shower.  Chloe got a fish aquarium and 3 fish that she named Pinkie, Stripe, and Sunshine.  She also got a new bike.  Sunday morning I gave her a beautiful new dress to wear to church, and made her a happy face pancake.  After church my family came over for strawberry shortcake, as well as Paloma's family.  I had no time to make lunch, so we had dessert first, and then I finally got around to making Chloe mac and cheese, her requested dinner item.  And then Don left for Vegas, and we basically watched t.v. the rest of her birthday.  For a "low key" birthday, it didn't feel too low key!  But maybe that is because I have zilch energy these days and I have to talk myself into getting up off my couch multiple times a day. I think she had a good birthday, she deserved it. I sure love my Chloe.  I am so excited for school to be out (tomorrow!!) and I get her to myself. also, not having to drive her to school at 7:35 every morning is a very nice thought.




No comments: