Today was a day Chloe has been counting down for. It was her field trip and her school birthday. (Her real birthday is Sunday) I chaperoned the field trip. And I was exhausted afterwards. We walked around the Desert Botanical Garden, and it was HOT. My spray bottle fan kept me cool and made me the most popular chaperon on the trip. I don't remember anything about the garden. I am sure it was nice. The kids said they had fun, but you wouldn't know it from the amount of complaining they did about being hungry and hot. (I could relate)
When we got back to school, Chloe got to blow out her "candles" and share her birthday treat. Glad I got to be there for that.
I bought Chloe a fedora hat. I wish I could pull one of those off, she looked really cute.
A couple nights ago she left this note for the tooth fairy. She didn't lose a tooth, she just had a question she needed answered. The tooth fairy must have been too tired because she never came and Chloe was so disappointed. The tooth fairy felt like a major failure.
She made a special fairy place in her room too. It included her poem :"In a blink you will see a fairy. Do fairies eat cherries?" I like how she taped glitter to the top of the paper too.
And a note that said "Fairies welcome."
I am not sure what the white tub was for, but she also left a book about fairies.
Chloe asked me the other day why people get married.
I said, "Because they love each other. And then they can live with each other and have kids if they want."
And then she said, "How does Jesus know they want kids?"
And I could not think of any way to answer that that didn't lead to a billion other questions I didn't know how to answer.
So I just changed the subject!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment