Chloe and 2 of her friends tried out for their school talent show a couple days ago. They sang....wait for it..."Let it Go." (along with about 10 other groups). But that is what they wanted to do, so to differentiate them from all the other groups, we had them wear costumes and they also had little bells to chime as they sang. And I accompanied them on the piano instead of just karaoke style. Unfortunately as soon as the other kids realized I could play the song, I started getting asked if I could play for them too. We will find out probably today if they made it. Secretly I would not be disappointed if they didn't as they practice twice a week for like 3 weeks in a row and parents have to attend every practice. Macie was ticked that she didn't get to sing too. we have entered a new stage where Macie screams at me everything that she wants to do. Or doesn't want to do. Or just her observations of people and things. It goes something like this:
I...want...to...sing!!!!!!! (Now in your mind picture that in a very loud, very raspy voice)
I...want....PANCAKES!!!!!!
I...did....not....POOP!!!!!!!
That...lady...has...white....hair...like...Elsa!!!!!!
etc. etc.
And if she does not like your response, she just yells it louder.
She has been spending a lot of time in her room lately.
Yesterday was not a great Mom day for me. She told me I needed to go to time out. And then Don took the girls swimming. When she came back she told Don, "I'm going to go see if Mom is happy now."
And, by the way, I was.
P.S. Elsa dresses are nowhere to be found. Biggest oversight in history.
Also, why do all little girls want to be Elsa? An Elsa dress on Amazon goes for $200. Anna is *only $50.
Why don't they prefer Anna? She is the likable sister. She is the one that is fun. And nice. And not moody. Elsa just spouts off cryptic, vague messages that everyone else around her is just supposed to be okay with. "I wish it could always be like this. But it CAN'T."
Ooooookkkaaaay. Guess I will leave you alone now.
"Wanna build a snowman?"
Answer? Silence. For like 10 years.
Every time I watch "Frozen" (which might be in the hundreds by now) I get a little more annoyed by Elsa. I just want to yell at her! Get a spine and stop running away and making everyone else deal with your problem!
That's all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment